• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

New 6-12 School in Keene - Monadnock area

Started by JMSEEEL, January 21, 2007, 07:19 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: NHTA1 on January 31, 2007, 09:40 PM NHFT
You don't happen to know the difference between affect and effect do you?

Actually I do, and if you care to affect an effective presentation, perhaps you should revisit the dictionary.

QuoteListen son

Oh, that's cute: affecting airs.  ;D

QuoteTry to focus on the content and not on inane details as you try to discredit someone , much like others who post in here with their pedantic rants.

Better a pedantic rant than an inane rant, I always say. At least pedantry is focused on facts, quite unlike pedagogy.

:-*

Kevin

error

I'm not at all confused about the difference between "affect" and "effect."

NHTA1 seems to be trying to justify his or her incompetence.

JMSEEEL

Hi All:

At this time we find ourselves in need to drop out of this forum, our intention was to generate dialog and get some information. Unfortunately, it has turned into a place for insults to be hurled and folk's competence questioned. We are perplexed by the fact that focus has been on grammar, spelling and the like rather than content, we are further  perplexed by the need of some individuals to discredit another poster simply because they do not agree. It would seem that this forum is no longer productive we wish it could be otherwise, we also feel that this is one of a number of reasons why education fails for so many. The "adults" are too busy arguing with each other, rather than listening to the students. Education has been and will for some time to come be a hotly contested topic, we feel that this passion can be useful but only if we practice what we intend to espouse to students.

"Embody what you teach, and teach only what you embody".    This has been informative and interesting and we thank all of you for taking the time to post your thoughts, in time we may revisit this post.

Sincerely,
JMSEEEL

KBCraig

Quote from: JMSEEEL on February 01, 2007, 10:48 PM NHFT
At this time we find ourselves in need to drop out of this forum . . .
We are perplexed by the fact that focus has been on grammar, spelling and the like rather than content . . .

Because good intentions count more for gold stars than does proper grammar?

If that's your attitude, I'm not impressed with your proposed school.

Kevin

error

You certainly generated dialogue. It's too bad you've chosen not to participate.

NHTA1

Error and Craig have illustrated JMSEEEL's point beautifully, your responses are exactly why they have chosen to give this a rest. It's uninformed, narrow-minded thinking individuals like you who are ready to pounce in order to further your position, when one engages in this type of behavior it is because their own argument and position is so weak.

You were so focused on doing this, that you neglected to see that they said they may indeed revisit the post. I for one think that there pulling out of this for a bit gives them even more credibility. Why should they split hairs with people who think that what they had to say has anything to do with "gold stars".  It is exactly those types of  extrinsic rewards that has our citizens so bent on consumption that they fail to see what is going on around them.

How about the fact that our government just allowed the appointment of politicians to head such organizations as the EPA instead of experts in the field. This is just another extension of the legislative branch , which is supposed to be under checks and balances written in our constitution. (Oh wait it might not have had a comma or period so you would have attempted to discredit that too).

While you two are busy looking for commas, periods and trying to argue the use of a word while failing to look at  context , you were probably taught by teachers like CNHT,    who focused on just the facts that they were being fed and didn't do any thinking on their own. 

Keep looking for periods, commas and spelling errors boys because that will get you really far.  So JMSEEEL stepped away from this for a bit, so what, it's no wonder when they are people who like to throw out falsified facts and garbage in order to gain some points for themselves, how pathetic.

KBCraig

::)

How utterly wrong, exactly backwards, and clueless can one person be?

NHTA1

You tell me KB, since you seem to have the market cornered in those areas.

error

Quote from: NHTA1 on February 02, 2007, 03:14 PM NHFT

I'm sorry, but I couldn't find a single word of your post that was actually relevant to any issue at hand. Would you care to actually address the issues, or would you like to continue with your personal attacks?

NHTA1

Funny none of your posts are even close to being relevant, it's too bad you lack the intellect to understand what I am saying in the grand scheme of things. Was it not you and KB who chose to personally attack me and started this whole mess? Let's just say you have your view and I have mine.

Russell Kanning

I am sorry that you guys have to leave the forum ... forums are sometimes hard places to have conversations.

If you would like to give us your press releases and info for the Keene Free Press, just send them along.