• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

AP article: Free Staters recruit 1,000 to move to New Hampshire

Started by KBCraig, January 23, 2007, 02:16 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreepa

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 24, 2007, 07:29 AM NHFT

Wasn't anything to me. It stops after 4 minutes (4 minutes I'll never get back).

I can't get my diaper to stay up when I dance like that.
Free Stater goes Free Ballin'

FrankChodorov

Quote* Free Staters chair New Hampshire?s Republican Liberty Caucus, Democratic Freedom Caucus, and Libertarian Party.

this is a bit of a stretch...

money dollars

This stuff too....
Quote* A Free Stater proposed and got legislation passed in 2006 ending the requirement for ?state approval? of home schoolers? curricula.
First time home schoolers still have that requirement, so the above statement is false.

Quote* Free Staters were a critical force in helping to defeat a statewide smoking ban, as well as a pilot program for a national ID card.
There was no smoking ban to defeat...it was a proposed smoking ban...same thing with the natinoal ID card thing.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: FrankChodorov on January 24, 2007, 09:27 AM NHFT
Quote* Free Staters chair New Hampshire's Republican Liberty Caucus, Democratic Freedom Caucus, and Libertarian Party.

this is a bit of a stretch...
even seems like a minus.
"Hey look .... we have a bunch of politicians in our group."

Russell Kanning

"FSP participants will work within New Hampshire's political system to reduce taxes and regulation and expand individual rights and free markets."

That doesn't seem to describe some of us participants. I absolutely refuse to work within "NH's political system".

money dollars

Too bad. The FSP changes. FUck what the members think. If you don't like that you can leave  ;D

JonM

The FSP asks people to sign the Statement of Intent.  It does a lot of stuff to encourage people to do that, but that is all it wants to do.  What people do to fulfil the SOI when they move to NH is up to them.

Primary activities. The primary activities of the FSP shall be: 1) the dissemination of information on the benefits of a coordinated move by advocates of the minimal state to a single state of the United States; 2) the distribution of a Statement of Intent (definition below) for signature by those willing to undertake such a move.

Russell Kanning

So maybe they should not put out that sort of press release.

JonM

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 24, 2007, 12:19 PM NHFT
So maybe they should not put out that sort of press release.
You have a problem with this text?
FSP participants will work within New Hampshire's political system to reduce taxes and regulation and expand individual rights and free markets. Some will run for public office while others will use the tools of lobbying, civil disobedience, protests, or other peaceful means to affect political change. The state was chosen because of its small population and more freedomoriented culture.

What is your suggested text then?

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 24, 2007, 07:29 AM NHFT
Quote from: error on January 23, 2007, 08:41 PM NHFT
Quote from: Rosie the Riveter on January 23, 2007, 07:47 PM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on January 23, 2007, 05:45 PM NHFT
Was any of this dancing taped and if so were can we see the video?  ;D

Yup here you go -- Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NddyY2y2dhk

That is NOT FUNNY! :P

Wasn't anything to me. It stops after 4 minutes (4 minutes I'll never get back).

I can't get my diaper to stay up when I dance like that.

I made sure it was a long one for those of us who can't get enough of the dancing baby --  ;D

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Jon Maltz on January 24, 2007, 12:26 PM NHFT
FSP participants have utter disgust for the current political structure and are going to tear down the walls of the evil establishment by staging a nonviolent revolution. :)

JonM

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 24, 2007, 03:16 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jon Maltz on January 24, 2007, 12:26 PM NHFT
FSP participants have utter disgust for the current political structure and are going to tear down the walls of the evil establishment by staging a nonviolent revolution. :)
Think big tent!  Some Participants only have disgust.

mraaron

I just watched both of those videos, where did that second
video come from, cannonball run or something?

Caleb

QuoteFSP participants have utter disgust for the current political structure and are going to tear down the walls of the evil establishment by staging a nonviolent revolution.

:biglaugh:

Try getting that press release past the FSP board.  ;D

Russell Kanning

That is what I tell reporters ... I don't wait for their board meetings.

So...
"The FSP has recruited about 1000 to join in our revolution."