• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Firearms for Females

Started by Beth221, January 24, 2007, 01:49 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote Tyler Stearns

Rainey...we should go shooting together sometime...

Raineyrocks

Quote from: malevil on January 27, 2007, 06:40 PM NHFT

Sounds like a great idea!   :)

Beth221

we should all go shooting together!!

Get this, I was on some State of RI website, last week or so, trying to find the laws, rules and regulation, So, i found a place that said, search, type in what law you are searching for, and someone will email you back, (something as to that effect.  So, I did it, and this is the responce I recieved..

Dear Beth,

This is not to be taken as legal advice. You might look at the following
copy and paste section taken from the RI General Laws 11-47-8'

? 11-47-8 License or permit required for carrying pistol ? Possession of
machine gun. ? (a) No person shall, without a license or permit issued as
provided in ?? 11-47-11, 11-47-12 and 11-47-18, carry a pistol or revolver
in any vehicle or conveyance or on or about his or her person whether
visible or concealed, except in his or her dwelling house or place of
business or on land possessed by him or her or as provided in ?? 11-47-9 and
11-47-10.

The above suggests purchasing a firearm. Contact your local gun shop and
they would be able to give you the direct answer that it's OK to purchase as
long as you're taking and keeping it at home.

This is not to be taken as legal advice.

Regards,
Adam Misturado
Reference

RI.gov Ask a Librarian
Providence Public Library
225 Washington St.
Providence, RI  02903
401-455-8005
pplri@provlib.org

OK,  So I can own a gun, but only at home?!?  No hunting?  No going to the local range?  Just at home.....    Its ok, Just at home...I cant get that out of my head...)  something is wicked wrong with this state.....  AND I WANT OUT!  Anyone looking for a  armed roomie? 

Raineyrocks

QuoteOK,  So I can own a gun, but only at home?!?  No hunting?  No going to the local range?  Just at home.....    Its ok, Just at home...I cant get that out of my head...)  something is wicked wrong with this state.....  AND I WANT OUT!  Anyone looking for a  armed roomie?

That does sound stupid!   How are you supposed to get it home after you buy it? :-\

Raineyrocks

I love your avatar. I was going to use that one next week but you beat me to it.   ;D

Dreepa

Quote from: Beth221 on January 27, 2007, 07:30 PM NHFT

? 11-47-8 License or permit required for carrying pistol ? Possession of
machine gun. ? (a) No person shall, without a license or permit issued as
provided in ?? 11-47-11, 11-47-12 and 11-47-18, carry a pistol or revolver
in any vehicle or conveyance or on or about his or her person whether
visible or concealed, except in his or her dwelling house or place of
business or on land possessed by him or her or as provided in ?? 11-47-9 and
11-47-10.
I think you missed the key words.

KBCraig

There's also the key word "carry", which means to have available on our about your person. An unloaded gun in the trunk isn't being "carried", it's being "transported" to the range (or wherever).

Beth221

yup, did miss a word, thanks, But i know many people in this state, and no one can seem to be granted a carry permit.  Nevermind hunting with a pistol, everyone gets denied that one, for no real reason. 

what if its a really old gun, like an antique with no serial number on it or  anything?

Someone recently in this state was having a heart attack, called 911, and when they got there, the emt called the police, because he "had an unusual amount of firearms and historical guns near a school"  He hasnt gotten his guns back yet.... 

I dont like the fact that in the RI law book on guns, it says I must have the gun while traveling, in the trunk of my car, and if i get stopped by the authorities, i must tell them of my weapon, and they will seize it, along with me, down to the station.  what for??  Grr..  I am frustrated.   >:(

Ohh well.   

Spencer

Quote from: KBCraig on January 27, 2007, 10:07 PM NHFT
There's also the key word "carry", which means to have available on our about your person. An unloaded gun in the trunk isn't being "carried", it's being "transported" to the range (or wherever).

And, remember, if you do happen to be stopped by a copper, you don't consent to any search and you don't know anything (do your best Sgt. Schultz impression: "I know nossing").  If they find something, don't say anything.  Save that stuff for your lawyer -- you don't owe anyone an explanation for anything (and chances are they'll only hear what they want to hear and only write down what helps screw you).

Vote Tyler Stearns

It was like a Hallmark card...I saw it and had to have it because it expressed my thoughts so well! 

Quote from: raineyrocks on January 27, 2007, 08:01 PM NHFT

I love your avatar. I was going to use that one next week but you beat me to it.   ;D

Pat McCotter

Beth. Please go down to your local gun shop (not a store that happens to sell guns as well as clothes and groceries and other non-gun related items) and ask them "What do I need to do to own and carry a handgun in RI?"

Pat McCotter

Hey all,
Manchester Firing Line has Ladies Night on Sunday from 5-8PM. Ladies shoot for free.

Does anyone know if the affiliated Belmont Firearms and Range does the same?

Also, at noon today is a Second Amendment Sisters meeting at Kansas City Steakhouse at Concord Holiday Inn. Raffle drawing to be held at noon:30.

aworldnervelink

Beth just called me and apparently she broke her tailbone snowboarding and is in the hospital.  :( I'm sure this thread will resume once she is out. In the meantime feel free to append get-well wishes and humiliating jokes.

Pat K

Ouch!!! Hope for a speedy recovery.

KBCraig

Quote from: aworldnervelink on January 29, 2007, 08:06 PM NHFT
Beth just called me and apparently she broke her tailbone snowboarding and is in the hospital.  :(

Ooof.  :(

There ain't no splint for a broken coccyx. It's purely "grimace and bear it", 'til things knit (which they are slow to do, what with the ol' spinal/pelvic region being rather central to everyday life.)

As a friend wrote:
I discovered after the rather intense spanking that my tailbone was fractured, and I had not called "yellow" on a broken spine. [Note to self: Recalibrate "yellow."]
- Ancient Kung Foole Proverb

--By Phillip the Foole