• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Anybody know how to get ahold of the Christian State Project? (Ron Paul)

Started by tracysaboe, January 26, 2007, 09:46 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tracysaboe

ninetales1234

eques

Maybe it's not at all intentional, but "Christian State Project" sends unwelcome chills down my spine.

I have nothing in particular against Christians who want to live their lives according to their own moral precepts.  However, as soon as they (some, obviously, not all) turn around and claim that their morality ought to be followed by everyone, and the insurance behind that claim is coercion... sorry, you've lost me entirely.

tracysaboe

Thanks. Looks like their group hasn't had any activity since mid 2005. I'm still going to try to post about Ron Paul to them. That's the next Primary After NH.

Tracy

tracysaboe

Quote from: eques on January 26, 2007, 03:10 PM NHFT
Maybe it's not at all intentional, but "Christian State Project" sends unwelcome chills down my spine.

I have nothing in particular against Christians who want to live their lives according to their own moral precepts.  However, as soon as they (some, obviously, not all) turn around and claim that their morality ought to be followed by everyone, and the insurance behind that claim is coercion... sorry, you've lost me entirely.

Well. They want South Carolina to secede from the Fed so if you don't like them, good riddence. If you do, then good for them for getting rid of the federal tyranny. Decentralization is good. Perhaps if they sucede at seceding smaller political subdivisions that don't agree with the majority culture will secede into their own automomous city or county states.

Regardless, Constitutional conservatives like Ron Paul.

Tracy

Lloyd Danforth

I was going to lie to you and claim that I joined and have been in daily contact with them since the beginning, just waiting for the move, but, then I remembered I'm not supposed to lie.

Ruger Mason

BTW, I have heard that South Carolina's governor intends to endorse Ron Paul.

tracysaboe

Yeah. the RLC said that was likely. That's all I've heard.

This is the e-mail I sent to their group.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi. My name is Tracy and I from South Dakota. Actually I'm a member of the Free STate Project and planning on moving to New Hampshire in a few years. But in many ways our goals are the same. Small government, We hate the federal government. Many of us want New Hampshire to secede from the Union too.

I wondered if any of you are doing anything with the announcement that Ron Paul is running fir the Republican nomination for President. He's pretty much to only conservative in the Republican PArty in washington and a strong believer in states rights and very small government.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/startelegram/news/state/16438882.htm

All the Constitution, Libertarian, and other anti-war
(that possibly includes some Green local parties) and
conservatives need to have all their members register Republican so they can vote for Ron Paul in the Republican primaries.

If he wins the Republican Nomination (A very big if.)
Let's hope the LP and CP don't do something stupid
like run their own candidate.

The reason I mention this is because South Carolina is the next Primary after New Hampshire. MAny libertarian, conservative, and Free STate project activists are working hard to try to make sure Paul wins the NH Primary.

Tracy

PS
Numerous articles on Digg about this.
http://digg.com/politics/Antiwar_Republican_Congressman_Ron_Paul_is_Running_for_President
http://digg.com/political_opinion/Ron_Paul_Not_Your_Average_Republican_Presidential_Candidate
http://digg.com/political_opinion/Ron_Paul_the_Republican_Party_s_only_chance_for_the_Presidency_in_2008
TS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~