• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

FTL's "cat out of the bag"

Started by KBCraig, January 30, 2007, 02:29 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreepa

Quote from: eques on February 07, 2007, 03:31 PM NHFT
In order to expand my marketability, I'm attempting to sell myself as some sort of trainer (and I have references to back that up, too).

I did it for 4 years. (trainer)

Russell I agree... I like managers who are somewhat technical so you can talk to them but I also like manager who 'get out of the way'.

C

error

Managing people and customers for someone else's profit is for the birds. I work for myself now. It's much better that way, even if my boss is an asshole. ;D

d_goddard

Quote from: error on February 07, 2007, 03:39 PM NHFT
Managing people and customers for someone else's profit is for the birds.
Hey, I get stock options and a salary. I don't think of it as for "someone else's" profit.

Quote from: error on February 07, 2007, 03:39 PM NHFT
my boss is an asshole
They come in other flavors?

Kat Kanning

01100111 01100101 01100101 01101011  :P

d_goddard

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 07, 2007, 04:44 PM NHFT
01100111 01100101 01100101 01101011  :P
bin(01100111) = hex(67) = dec (103) = ascii('g')
bin(01100101) = hex(65) = dec(101) = ascii('e')  (x2)
bin(01101011) = hex(6B) = dec(107) = ascii('k')

g e e k

yeah, that'd be me!   ;D

John

When offered the job of managing people, I declined!  I was reminded by this:
"... all this "managing people" stuff is nowhere near as fun. Even less fun is managing customers."

If/when I need to talk to my manager(s), that means things are not well.

My position requires self-management; 24/7.
I like keeping the operation going 24/7, that's what they pay me to do - not to call on them.
If only the government would respect self-government half-as-much.

As far as all that "geek" talk, I haven't a clue.

MHO:  MARK SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN ON GOOD BEHAVIOR SINCE GROWING UP & COMING TO NH.

Atlas

I feel that Mark has come to understand morality now. I totally support him and his right to keep and bear arms. I've even rethought my position on manslaughter charges. I used to think they should be murder charges, but now I see otherwise. Considering Mark almost got his ass nailed to the wall on that charge, it was nice to see that the real perp got his due. It was shocking to originally conceive of Mark's wrong-doing. but finally justice was served. Good Luck Mark! Excelsior my friend! Karma to anyone who knows what excelsior means.

error

Quote from: Rebel on February 07, 2007, 09:33 PM NHFT
Karma to anyone who knows what excelsior means.

Are you kidding? That's the longest Wikipedia disambiguation page I've seen in a while.

Besides, everybody knows it's a hotel.

Lloyd Danforth

Friday

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on February 06, 2007, 07:51 AM NHFT

Sandy.  Who the HELL are you to accuse me of sharing private conversations about anything?   The only thing I have ever said about anything going on at the O list is that  when any controversy about anything going on in Keene comes up You, Jean, Lynn and Amanda, and sometimes Steve go absolutely beserk and Jon, Dreep, (maybe some male I'm forgetting) and Jason, to a lesser extent, try to bring some rational thought to the situation.
Thanks for clarifying that you don't share private discussions... you just describe me as "beserk" to mutual friends behind my back.  ::) 
How is it you  Know who the future members of the board are going to be?

I don't know.  I just have a pretty good guess, based on my participation on both the Doers and Organizers lists.

Friday

Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 06, 2007, 09:08 AM NHFT
Thanks for all your answers Sandy. 8)
You're welcome.  :)
I think that FTLive will continue to talk about "illegal" activities because Ian is an anarchist and is willing to do illegal things. Sometimes I don't agree with their tactics, but it doesn't effect me much since I don't pay for their show.
I no longer pay for their show either via subsidizing the operations of the FSP.  That's an extra 2 grand in *my* bank account this year.  :D

Friday

Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 06, 2007, 09:14 AM NHFT
Quote from: Friday on February 06, 2007, 07:06 AM NHFT
I'm not an FSP Board member.

Gee, I liked you better when you were the trolling fisher.  Now that you've gone all gangsta bling bling, it's all about the Bentleys and ho's, isn't it?  :'(
:lol:
So when did you leave the FSP board .... or did your term just finish?
Who replaced you?

I stepped down earlier this week.  TERM?  The FSP don't need no stinkin' TERMS!  FSP Directors are, for the most part, unelected and serve without term limits. Kinda like the Supreme Court, only without the cool robes.  I did try to bring back both elections and terms of office, but was shot down by the rest of the Board.  But I still think terms are a good idea.  I served a full year (give or take a few days) and then stepped down.

AFAIK, they haven't selected a new Director yet.

By the way, Russell and Kat... whichever of you bet the other that I "wouldn't last a month" needs to pay up now.   ;D

Kat Kanning