• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

FTL's "cat out of the bag"

Started by KBCraig, January 30, 2007, 02:29 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

error

Rio Burrito Con Carne? You made that one up. ;D

Kat Kanning

I do not believe there is a single entity residing in the "Bill Grennon" body.  This is not from personal experience, however.

Russell Kanning

Actually it was 12345 via esplanada santa rio ranchero burrito in Rancho Santa Margarita KaleefOrnia.

I could never get that town name to fit into "city" fields.

Braddogg

Quote from: KBCraig on January 30, 2007, 02:29 PM NHFT
I believe Mark and Ian did a good job addressing a difficult subject. Kudos for the honesty.

While surprising, it doesn't change my opinion of the show or its co-host.

Kevin

"Honesty" isn't quite the right way to put it, it makes it seem like they brought this up on their own.  Going through the FTL BBS, it looks like there's no way Ian and Mark couldn't have addressed it honestly.  They did (passively) avoid the 2nd-degree murder charge for several years.

What happened 19 years ago, happened.  From what I hear on the radio, he didn't do the killing.  And even if he did, from what I gather on the radio he's a fine guy now.

money dollars

Quote from: Bill Grennon on January 30, 2007, 10:26 PM NHFT
Quote from: money dollars on January 30, 2007, 03:04 PM NHFT
I feel like mark didn't really address it, besides saying he did jail time, and doesn't want to/can't talk about it.

Mark said more than you claim.
What part of "I feel" don't you understand?

money dollars

Quote from: KBCraig on January 31, 2007, 02:02 AM NHFT
I feel like mark didn't really address it, besides saying he did jail time, and doesn't want to/can't talk about it.

Okay, I'm officially confused. For a long time, I've thought the "poster known as Bill Grennon (who isn't really Bill Grennon)", was MD in disguise.

Or are you just arguing with yourself?

Kevin
It's always funny to see what you guys think about me.

I think it is the guy goes by ghandi2 on the FTL forum.

eques

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 31, 2007, 06:53 AM NHFT
I do not believe there is a single entity residing in the "Bill Grennon" body.  This is not from personal experience, however.

So, is there a little door somewhere which you enter, view the world through Bill Grennon's eyes, and ultimately ends up with you getting spit out on the side of a highway in New Jersey?

Rocketman

Being Frank Chodorov has a nice ring to it, actually.   ;D

Dave Ridley

money dollars wrote:

<<I feel like mark didn't really address it, besides saying he did jail time, and doesn't want to/can't talk about it.>>

i pulled it up and listened to it yesterday...actually he went into more detail than that and i would think a sufficient amount of detail.

Lex

Quote from: DadaOrwell on January 31, 2007, 09:56 AM NHFT
money dollars wrote:

<<I feel like mark didn't really address it, besides saying he did jail time, and doesn't want to/can't talk about it.>>

i pulled it up and listened to it yesterday...actually he went into more detail than that and i would think a sufficient amount of detail.

I think Money Dollars just holds us all up to high standards.  :P

earthhaven

Quote from: money dollars on January 31, 2007, 08:57 AM NHFT

What part of "I feel" don't you understand?

He said he is unable to address it due to the Son of Sam law. Mark was being paid for being on the air, thus talking about details of the case would be profiting from the crime.

d_goddard

KBCraig hit it on the nose. I've met Mark in person, I've listened to him blather for many hours on FTL, and I like the the guy I know as Mark Edge. I am pretty sure I would NOT have liked the punk-ass kid Mark Edgington was 20 years ago. I do believe he told the truth that he didn't actually kill the guy.

Anyway, this was a shocking revelation for about 10 minues when I heard the podcast, and was old & boring before Ian & Mark were done talking about it. what-the-fuck-ever, man.

Russell Kanning

After 1 day ... it still is not old and boring to me.

Kat Kanning

You have a truly phenomenal attention span, my dear.

money dollars

Quote from: d_goddard on January 31, 2007, 12:30 PM NHFT
I do believe he told the truth that he didn't actually kill the guy.
Maybe mark just held the guy down while carmen did the killing.....

I can only speculate since mark won't talk about it....

QuoteAnyway, this was a shocking revelation for about 10 minues when I heard the podcast, and was old & boring before Ian & Mark were done talking about it. what-the-fuck-ever, man.
I thought the same thing, minus the 10 mins of shock, because no new info came out......