• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

FTL's "cat out of the bag"

Started by KBCraig, January 30, 2007, 02:29 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

burnthebeautiful

The way I see it, the Mark that did whatever he did 20 years ago is not the Mark that exists now. It feels like they're two different people, and thus, it feels silly to be mad at todays Mark for it. To me it feels like being mad at one person for what a completely different person did. I did my share of stupid crap when I was in my teens. Nothing as serious as murder, more along the lines of stealing candy from stores, but that little brat is not who I am anymore. I don't have to be mad at the current version of myself for it, because the current version of myself would never do it. I believe the current version of Mark would never commit murder, so I'm not mad at the current version of Mark.

slim

Pretty much everyone has a skeleton in our closet. Most people would love to go back and change one thing in their past. Mark is no different then me. If I could go back there are many things I would change. Most lessons are learned by mistakes and I have made many mistakes and learned many lessons. I made a choice a few years ago that I would try and learn from others mistakes rather then making the mistake and then learning the lesson. Personally I think Mark is a brave man to admit to his past on nationwide radio, I would not have the balls to do that even tho my mistakes are less severe then Marks.

A man that lives in a glass house should not throw stones.

money dollars

Quote from: earthhaven on January 31, 2007, 11:35 AM NHFT
Quote from: money dollars on January 31, 2007, 08:57 AM NHFT
Quote from: Bill Grennon on January 30, 2007, 10:26 PM NHFT
Quote from: money dollars on January 30, 2007, 03:04 PM NHFT
I feel like mark didn't really address it, besides saying he did jail time, and doesn't want to/can't talk about it.

Mark said more than you claim.
What part of "I feel" don't you understand?

He said he is unable to address it due to the Son of Sam law. Mark was being paid for being on the air, thus talking about details of the case would be profiting from the crime.
And that is a FL law...

Strange how Manwich says he has to follow the FL "Son of Sam" law.

He said nothing is worth going to jail for...

but had no problem breaking the law that said he couldn't vote in FL. So mark confessed to voter fraud....

He has also said in this show that felon are not allowed to own firearms because of a federal law. On other shows he has said that he has mossberg shotguns.

When he moved to Keene, people saw them:
http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=5185.msg91125#msg91125
And Mark's Mossberg arsenal, suitable for museum display.

Dreepa

Well... Feds read this board and they can do what they do.

I am surpised this thread died so fast.

KBCraig

Quote from: Dreepa on February 04, 2007, 10:46 PM NHFT

I'm not, really.

All of us have learned about close skeletons involving people we know and like. This is just another one, and Mark was matter of fact about it. MD is the only one who wanted to make a big deal out of it, and even he gave up when he couldn't stir any outrage.

Kevin

earthhaven

Quote from: KBCraig on February 05, 2007, 12:35 AM NHFT

I'm not, really.

All of us have learned about close skeletons involving people we know and like. This is just another one, and Mark was matter of fact about it. MD is the only one who wanted to make a big deal out of it, and even he gave up when he couldn't stir any outrage.

Kevin

agreed

Beth221

i feel bad for him, going threw something myself, that i am not proud of, (mine didnt involve jail time, but there were 2 deaths) its hard enough not to think about it every day, but to know that your peers know parts of your life that you wish to forget.  Its hard, the mess i was involved in, i cant stop thinking about it, and its hard to comprehend what people think of you, after said cat is out of the bad.  There are very few who know my story, very few who will ever know my story, and i cant think of what its like, if everyone knew my story.  Mark, you show us that we are all humans, we make mistakes, we learn from them, and thats all we can hope for.   I hope you find some serenity in the fact that people know, and we are okay with it.

Friday

I'm not, really.

All of us have learned about close skeletons involving people we know and like.
Gee, KB, would you have a different opinion of the situation if you *didn't* like Mark?
This is just another one, and Mark was matter of fact about it.
Yep, gotta give him that!  He was quite matter of fact on his syndicated radio program, of which the Free State Project is the primary financial sponsor, about not only being involved in a premeditated murder, but also committing perjury, multiple acts of theft, breaking and entering, and voter fraud.
MD is the only one who wanted to make a big deal out of it, and even he gave up when he couldn't stir any outrage.
I suspect that MD has only just begun...

Lloyd Danforth

I don't understand two things.
1. Why has the secret been kept so long.  I spent a week on the FTL forum.  If the people on the forum represents their average listener most of them would not have cared about this.
2. The stupid law that is cited that suposedly stops Mark from telling what happened.  Why is this law so important to obey?  Why can't Mark take a day off without pay and come in as a guest and tell his story?

Russell Kanning

I am not. I don't know much about the situation .... and neither does anyone else posting on this thread.
I will ask Mark sometime the same kinds of questions that Lloyd posted. Talking in person seems like the right thing to do. We talked a bit yesterday during the Superbowl, but we were mostly watching.
There is not much to joke about or debate .... so the tread is not that long.

Lloyd Danforth

I take it from your last line you guys did not Dub Mark with the, obvious, nickname

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Friday on February 05, 2007, 06:55 AM NHFT
Yep, gotta give him that!  He was quite matter of fact on his syndicated radio program, of which the Free State Project is the primary financial sponsor, about not only being involved in a premeditated murder, but also committing perjury, multiple acts of theft, breaking and entering, and voter fraud.
Mark mentioned that his relationship with the FSP has changed, but can you tell me what you think personally .... and what the FSP leaders are thinking about this news?

I don't really know what happened yet to lead to his jail time, so I don't really have any comment.

Lloyd Danforth

I'm not, really.

All of us have learned about close skeletons involving people we know and like.
Gee, KB, would you have a different opinion of the situation if you *didn't* like Mark?
This is just another one, and Mark was matter of fact about it.
MD is the only one who wanted to make a big deal out of it, and even he gave up when he couldn't stir any outrage.

Sandy, I don't understand why you don't believe that actually knowing someone effects how you think about the likelyhood that they actually committed a crime, or, if they did it, how likely they are to do it again.  I haven't spent a lot of time with mark, but, I have been a 3 or 4 functions where he also attended.   He's just a regular guy.  Imagine hearing that Cris (Take your pick ) or, Denis was involved in something like this in their teens, and you will know what some people are dealing with here.
Also, one doesn't have to listen to the show for long to believe that Mark, today is in the 5% of the population that are libertarian.

Who gives a Shit what MD does?
Lloyd

money dollars

Always so wrong....FSP board members, that is.

I was waiting for the FSP leadership to freak...did they?

JonM

Shows what you know MD.  Of course, I could update the org chart too . . .