• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

FTL's "cat out of the bag"

Started by KBCraig, January 30, 2007, 02:29 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

money dollars

I don't pay that much attention any more....and I can't find anything on the FSP site since it changed  :'(

Caleb

Quote from: money dollars on February 05, 2007, 07:34 PM NHFT
Quote from: Friday on February 05, 2007, 06:55 AM NHFT
I suspect that MD has only just begun...
Always so wrong....FSP board members, that is.

I was waiting for the FSP leadership to freak...did they?

Depends on who you ask.  I have it on reliable authority that they acted in the vital national security interests by protecting the viable Presidential candidacy of Dr. Ron Paul (R) Texas.  ::)

Maybe sometimes we take ourselves too seriously.  Look at G Gordon Liddy.  Or Oliver North, for chrissakes.  People look past the past.  Or at least, most of us do.

d_goddard

Quote from: Caleb on February 05, 2007, 10:04 PM NHFT
Look at G Gordon Liddy.  Or Oliver North, for chrissakes.
Or Hillary "Travelgate and Cattlegate" Clinton. Or Bill "Filegate" Clinton.

Pat K

Quote from: Dreepa on February 04, 2007, 10:46 PM NHFT
Well... Feds read this board and they can do what they do.

I am surpised this thread died so fast.

Maybe someone is strangling it.

Friday

Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 05, 2007, 08:31 AM NHFT
Yep, gotta give him that!  He was quite matter of fact on his syndicated radio program, of which the Free State Project is the primary financial sponsor, about not only being involved in a premeditated murder, but also committing perjury, multiple acts of theft, breaking and entering, and voter fraud.
Mark mentioned that his relationship with the FSP has changed, but can you tell me what you think personally .... and what the FSP leaders are thinking about this news?

I don't really know what happened yet to lead to his jail time, so I don't really have any comment.

Sure, Russell.  What I, personally, think, is that it doesn't make sense for the FSP to financially sponsor FTL at this point in time.  Any one of a number of things that Mark said on the air a week ago directly conflict with the stated methods and goals of the FSP i.e. to work within the political system to reduce the size and scope of government.  Those who are running for political office, helping others run for political office, serving in political office, working to affect legislation, or planning on moving to New Hampshire to do any of these things in the future, can all be hurt by publicly being associated with an organization that *knowingly* sponsors a radio program that encourages people to move to New Hampshire for the FSP and appears to advocate certain types of illegal activity and makes light of others (I'm speaking here about theft and fraud).   I listened to the FTL podcast discussing Mark's past and this was my personal interpretation of it.  I have heard from another person who listens more regularly that Ian and Mark also dispense advice on how to register to vote in NH without actually living here, which is yet another form of fraud and directly in conflict with the FSP's longtime mission.

As for what FSP leaders think of this, most of the Board disagrees with me on this issue and does not have a problem with continuing to sponsor FTL. Several previous and future Boardmembers do agree with me.

Friday

Quote from: money dollars on February 05, 2007, 07:34 PM NHFT
Always so wrong....FSP board members, that is.

I'm not an FSP Board member.

Gee, I liked you better when you were the trolling fisher.  Now that you've gone all gangsta bling bling, it's all about the Bentleys and ho's, isn't it?  :'(

Friday

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on February 05, 2007, 06:03 PM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on February 05, 2007, 12:35 AM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on February 04, 2007, 10:46 PM NHFT
I am surpised this thread died so fast.

I'm not, really.

All of us have learned about close skeletons involving people we know and like.
Gee, KB, would you have a different opinion of the situation if you *didn't* like Mark?
This is just another one, and Mark was matter of fact about it.
Yep, gotta give him that!  He was quite matter of fact on his syndicated radio program, of which the Free State Project is the primary financial sponsor, about not only being involved in a premeditated murder, but also committing perjury, multiple acts of theft, breaking and entering, and voter fraud.
MD is the only one who wanted to make a big deal out of it, and even he gave up when he couldn't stir any outrage.

Sandy, I don't understand why you don't believe that actually knowing someone effects how you think about the likelyhood that they actually committed a crime, or, if they did it, how likely they are to do it again.

Lloyd, you clearly haven't been listening to what I've been saying.  (You've also apparently been sharing garbled versions of private discussions with other parties, which isn't very cool.) I never said I think Mark killed someone, or that I think he's going to run out and do it again.  I said that Mark admitted to several different forms of theft and fraud on the air, then downplayed its significance by describing it as, quote, "silly kid stuff".  It conflicts with the oft-stated goals and methods of the FSP.  It's potentially damaging to FSP participants.

Quit trying to make this personal.  Y'all clearly know and like Mark, and that's none of my business (just like it's none of your business that the man I married has done everything Mark has/did/was alleged to do, and then some.  And yes, I knew all of that when I married him.)  I've never met Mark, and have no reason to like or dislike him on a personal level.  This isn't about Mark.  It's about Free Talk Live and its audience of thousands, and about donors' money, and about public perception, current and future, and about the reputations of FSP'ers who are/want to be involved in politics.  And let's not forget about journalists' dependable tendency to get the facts all wrong and make us look as bad as possible.   :P

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Friday on February 06, 2007, 07:00 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 05, 2007, 08:31 AM NHFT
Mark mentioned that his relationship with the FSP has changed, but can you tell me what you think personally .... and what the FSP leaders are thinking about this news?

I don't really know what happened yet to lead to his jail time, so I don't really have any comment.

Sure, Russell.  What I, personally, think, is that it doesn't make sense for the FSP to financially sponsor FTL at this point in time.  Any one of a number of things that Mark said on the air a week ago directly conflict with the stated methods and goals of the FSP i.e. to work within the political system to reduce the size and scope of government.  Those who are running for political office, helping others run for political office, serving in political office, working to affect legislation, or planning on moving to New Hampshire to do any of these things in the future, can all be hurt by publicly being associated with an organization that *knowingly* sponsors a radio program that encourages people to move to New Hampshire for the FSP and appears to advocate certain types of illegal activity and makes light of others (I'm speaking here about theft and fraud).   I listened to the FTL podcast discussing Mark's past and this was my personal interpretation of it.  I have heard from another person who listens more regularly that Ian and Mark also dispense advice on how to register to vote in NH without actually living here, which is yet another form of fraud and directly in conflict with the FSP's longtime mission.

As for what FSP leaders think of this, most of the Board disagrees with me on this issue and does not have a problem with continuing to sponsor FTL. Several previous and future Boardmembers do agree with me.

Sandy.  Who the HELL are you to accuse me of sharing private conversations about anything?   The only thing I have ever said about anything going on at the O list is that  when any controversy about anything going on in Keene comes up You, Jean, Lynn and Amanda, and sometimes Steve go absolutely beserk and Jon, Dreep, (maybe some male I'm forgetting) and Jason, to a lesser extent, try to bring some rational thought to the situation. 
How is it you  Know who the future members of the board are going to be?

error

Any one of a number of things that Mark said on the air a week ago directly conflict with the stated methods and goals of the FSP i.e. to work within the political system to reduce the size and scope of government.

Any number of things Ian and Mark say all the time -- not to mention quite a few people around here -- could be seen to directly conflict with "working within the political system."

I have heard from another person who listens more regularly that Ian and Mark also dispense advice on how to register to vote in NH without actually living here, which is yet another form of fraud and directly in conflict with the FSP's longtime mission.

I recall a few weeks ago, a CALLER to the show suggested this sort of voter fraud. As I recall, Ian and Mark said it could be done, but didn't seem too hot on the idea themselves. I remember nothing of either Ian or Mark advocating voter fraud.

I'd be sorry to see the FSP stop sponsoring FTL, especially when it seems that someone behind the scenes is feeding people misinformation in order to bring about exactly that. Were it to happen for these reasons, it would definitely sour my view of the FSP.

Kat Kanning

The FSP need FTL more than the other way around.

LOL @ Alaska  :D

money dollars

Quote from: Friday on February 06, 2007, 07:06 AM NHFT
Now that you've gone all gangsta bling bling, it's all about the Bentleys and ho's, isn't it?  :'(
???
I don't like Bentleys.

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on February 06, 2007, 07:51 AM NHFT
 The only thing I have ever said about anything going on at the O list is that  when any controversy about anything going on in Keene comes up You, Jean, Lynn and Amanda, and sometimes Steve go absolutely beserk and Jon, Dreep, (maybe some male I'm forgetting) and Jason, to a lesser extent, try to bring some rational thought to the situation. 
How do I get on this O list?

Lex

Quote from: money dollars on February 06, 2007, 08:18 AM NHFT
  The only thing I have ever said about anything going on at the O list is that  when any controversy about anything going on in Keene comes up You, Jean, Lynn and Amanda, and sometimes Steve go absolutely beserk and Jon, Dreep, (maybe some male I'm forgetting) and Jason, to a lesser extent, try to bring some rational thought to the situation. 

I think it involves lots of hazing followed by eating a bucket of Oreos.  ;D

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on February 06, 2007, 08:37 AM NHFT
Quote from: money dollars on February 06, 2007, 08:18 AM NHFT

I think it involves lots of hazing followed by eating a bucket of Oreos.  ;D

Uh Oh!  Somebody's been talking and it wasn't me!

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Friday on February 06, 2007, 07:19 AM NHFT
Y'all clearly know and like Mark ....  I've never met Mark, and have no reason to like or dislike him on a personal level.  This isn't about Mark.  It's about Free Talk Live and its audience of thousands, and about donors' money, and about public perception, current and future, and about the reputations of FSP'ers who are/want to be involved in politics.
Thanks for all your answers Sandy. 8) You seemed kinda mad and I was wondering why. I was guessing it had something to do with your involvement with the FSP.
Mark and I are not great buds, but he is a decent guy. We disagree on a lot of stuff. I am a radical. He is not.
I think that FTLive will continue to talk about "illegal" activities because Ian is an anarchist and is willing to do illegal things. Sometimes I don't agree with their tactics, but it doesn't effect me much since I don't pay for their show.
I mostly like what they do on their show and like the guys they recruit to NH and especially Keene to join our nonviolent revolution. :)