• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

KILL THE COW

Started by d_goddard, January 31, 2007, 08:02 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

d_goddard

The spelling cow is dumb.
It takes extra time to load, makes the page interactivity slower, and is totally redundant for people who use FireFox 2.0, which has a spelling checker built right in.

Furthermore, since FireFox's spelling checker is active on every single webpage where I type stuff in, its dictionary already knows words that spelling cow things are mistakes (like, for example, FireFox, or LSR, or Burridge)

And I am not going to spend my time teaching a cow what the FireFox already knows.

Please, kill the cow, or at least make this a cow-optional community.

Thank you.

Kat Kanning

Can't you just uncheck the box?

Raineyrocks

QuotePlease, kill the cow, or at least make this a cow-optional community.

Where is this cow?  I don't see it on the board.  I usually just go to word and do a spellcheck there and then come back on here and type the word.  How do you spellcheck with firefox or whatever then?

Kill the cow, that is a funny topic heading!  :laughing6:

Kat Kanning

You don't see a cow at the bottom of the post form?

Kat Kanning

By the way Denis....

Don't have a cow, maaaaan! 

Lloyd Danforth

error

Most of the time I just use the quick reply. No Cow!

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 31, 2007, 08:23 AM NHFT
You don't see a cow at the bottom of the post form?

Oh yeah, duh!  I don't know how I could've missed that!  So I guess I just click an udder, huh? :laughing9:

d_goddard

OK, ok, at least unchecking the box makes the cow go away.

Folks, just go download Firefox 2.0. Trust me.
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Russell Kanning

Quote from: d_goddard on January 31, 2007, 12:54 PM NHFT
OK, ok, at least unchecking the box makes the cow go away.

Folks, just go download Firefox 2.0. Trust me.
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
I like the newest firefox, but the latest opera is working even better for me..... on linux. :)

Kat Kanning

Pat K

This is an udderly silly thread, but I thought I would Moo-ve in and milk it for all it,s worth. Then hoof it out of here, for better pastures.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Pat K on January 31, 2007, 04:22 PM NHFT
This is an udderly silly thread, but I thought I would Moo-ve in and milk it for all it,s worth. Then hoof it out of here, for better pastures.

:laughing6:

d_goddard