• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

KILL THE COW

Started by d_goddard, January 31, 2007, 08:02 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Tabs?

Top Row: File,edit, view,history, bookmarks, tool, help
Next row: Back arrow, forward arrow,refresh symbol,stop loading symbol, little building, Sage symbol, address bar, google
Third row:  Getting started, latest headlines

KBCraig

If your back arrow isn't lit, you've opened in a new tab. Look below the URL box: you should see two tabs that look like the tabs on file folders. Each will have a small "circle x" icon; you can click that and close that tab. Then you'll be back at your original, untouched, window.

When you get the "you are about to close two tabs" warning, it's telling you exactly what you're doing: closing the front tab (that you've been reading), and the original tab. Just close the tab, not the browser.

If you have a scrolling mouse, you can "wheel click" links, and they will open in a new tab behind the current tabs. It's very handy. That's how I read forums and news sites. I "wheel click", and the new tabs open in back, so I'm still looking at the main page. When I've opened everything, I close the front tab, which takes me to the first item; close that, and you'll have the next item, etc.

Kevin

KBCraig

Lloyd Danforth

Got it!  Thank you both

error

Yep, looks like this.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Russell Kanning

now Lloyd has moved into the world of tabbed browsing.

YixilTesiphon

I also agree that the cow thing is stupid, though I've just unchecked the box.

error

Yeah, I'd rather have the built-in spell check anyway. :)