• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

release of the final Harry Potter novel

Started by Friday, February 01, 2007, 12:43 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Kat Kanning on July 18, 2007, 08:27 PM NHFT
Quote from: SethCohn on July 18, 2007, 01:39 PM NHFT
(We now return you to your sethfree nhfree, already in progress)

Seth for Underground President:  We need absentee leadership!

He's like the Wizard of Oz... "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain".  :)

Here is a rare shot of him running the server.

SethCohn

Go Away!

I don't care if Dada wants a heart, Russell wants a brain, and Caleb wants some courage... Go away!
And that goes for Kira and her little Kat too!

There's no place like the Shire, There's no place like the Shire....

Whoops, wrong story.  This is a Harry Potter thread.  Never mind.  Back to sethfree nhfree, already in progress.

Fluff and Stuff

This is a great time to promote the FSP.  Everyone says Jason looks like Harry Potter and a game just came out, a movie just came out, and know a book.  Jason, please call a press conference.  We can say a Harry Potter look alike got confused and decided to create a replica of the magical world in NH.  Jason could put a broom between his legs and then noone would doubt him!

Rochelle

Hey,
didn't read the rest of the thread, but just in case people are going to be going to a midnight release at the bookstore, I won't be making it :( I close and then open the next day, so I just went ahead and pre ordered the book from amazon. I'll read it when I get home from work :)

Friday

7.5 hours and counting!!!   :o   :blob6: :boogie:

To dress up or not to dress up; that is the question.    :NinjaIconA: 

:snake: <-- Nagini

:cat: <-- Crookshanks

:book1: <-- children, and children-at-heart adults, of the world

:bdance2:

lildog

:icon_pirat:  Mad eye Moody
:angel4:  Dumbledor

Go for it and dress up.  This is the last book so it's the last chance (outside the movies) you'll have.

The parties in Nashua are starting around 6 PM.  Borders is giving the kids wands or something like that.  I'm heading down there with my kids after dinner.

Rosie the Riveter

I'm still happily awake and reading the book  ;D

error

Quote from: Rosie the Riveter on July 21, 2007, 03:41 AM NHFT
I'm still happily awake and reading the book  ;D

What? Your kids didn't rip it out of your hands and stay up all night reading it?!

SethCohn

No spoilers in the following.

Finished the book.  Good read.  Satisfying wrapup to the series.

We now return you to your spoiler-free sethfree nhfree, already in progress, quiet cause everyone else is likely reading HP7.

KBCraig

Mary and our oldest three left the house at 11:27, and pulled back into the driveway at 12:27 (Books-a-Million is about 7-10 minutes away). They said it was amazingly efficient, because the line snaked through the store, out the door, and to the other end of the parking lot.

Mary debated starting the book until about 3, then started it and finished by about 8:30.  ;) Andy only got about half way through his copy before he fell asleep.

I just cooked a big bacon and egg brunch for everyone, and now it's nap time for Mary.

error

A large brown owl with strange markings just dropped off a copy for Rochelle.

Rochelle

...and I just stayed up all night reading it.
I finished 6 minutes before my alarm was to go off, to get me up to go to work  :blush:

My first all nighter, and I pulled it to read Harry Potter...how sad is that?

I have to say, that I am very disappointed that some of the characters who died, died, instead of the one character I decided long ago I could STAND to see die. Dammit :(

But it had a Happy End and was very much similar to Pan's Labyrinth, I thought.

I'll be very very tired at the LF meeting today, I'm afraid.

Lloyd Danforth

Friday

Geez, thanks a lot for the SPOILERS, Rochelle!  >:(

I won't be checking back on this thread until I've finished the book.  I'm trying to make it last; I've only read 3 chapters so far.

KBCraig

What spoilers? Rochelle didn't say who died and who didn't.

We bought two copies. Andy finished his within 24 hours; Mary finished hers in about 5 hours, then passed it to Nate; Nate finished by about 8 last night.

I've never read a page of HP, so it doesn't matter to me. I'm just glad people enjoy reading. And I understand taking the Sandy approach, and savoring the read.