• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

release of the final Harry Potter novel

Started by Friday, February 01, 2007, 12:43 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

The date has been set: the last, final, ultimate, epic, glorious, Potter-vs-Voldemort-there-can-be-only-one book is coming out on July 21st. 

Will Harry die?
Will Draco die?
Will Neville finally come into his own?
Which character will become a professor at Hogwarts?
What is Snapes' deep dark secret (and will he squeal like a pig when HE dies?)
Will Hermione and Ron hook up?
Will Percy finally get the smack upside the head he so richly deserves?
And what of little Ginny?
Will Fred and George start selling franchises?

It's going to be a long 5 1/2 months...  :icon_dance:

cathleeninnh

Well, since you asked..

No
No
Yes
Hermione
He is Dumbledore's son
Yes
Yes
She becomes a Death Eater
They invent U-Renew and never age.

d_goddard

Just pre-ordered at amazon.freetalklive.com

yes
yes
yes
Hermione
I never would have guess Dumbledore's son, but my god Cathleen is a genius... let's go with that!
yes
yes
Ginny ends up with Harry... duh!
Fred and George... who cares

The real question is, what broom will kick the ass of a Firebolt?

money dollars

The real question is....

Who is this guy dressed up as?

d_goddard

Looks like John what's-his-name, the rapper :P :-*

Rochelle

Gaah, not so soon! I'm not ready for it to be over yet :(  With that said, will the Barnes and Noble (or is it  Borders) in Manchester be selling at Midnight? If so, I am SO there. I will even take off work for this.

Hell, I even wrote Harry Potter Fanfic.  8)

d_goddard

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: Rochelle on February 01, 2007, 08:18 PM NHFT
Gaah, not so soon! I'm not ready for it to be over yet :(  With that said, will the Barnes and Noble (or is it  Borders) in Manchester be selling at Midnight? If so, I am SO there. I will even take off work for this.

Hell, I even wrote Harry Potter Fanfic.  8)

We, my oldest daughter and I, went to B&N for the last release party at midnight -- I was a total blast to see all the costumes and I read the entire book when I got home -- no sleep that night  ;) 

Friday

Zoiks!  Little Daniel's all grown up, inn't he?  [editor's note: I was going to insert an emoticon here, but... let's just leave it at that.]

It might be time for Jason to issue a press release along the lines of "That is NOT me in the nudie pics and I don't have a pervie thing for horses."  You can't be too careful.   ;)

Friday

Quote from: Rochelle on February 01, 2007, 08:18 PM NHFT

That's why I put it on the calendar, Rochelle; so we can start planning the party now.  8)

One year for Halloween I dressed up as Hermione after drinking the cat-hair-tainted polyjuice potion.  i.e. a witch with a cat face and tail  I thought it was sheer genius myself, but very few people seemed to get the reference.  Pearls before swine.  :'(

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Friday on February 02, 2007, 06:58 AM NHFT
Zoiks!  Little Daniel's all grown up, inn't he?  [editor's note: I was going to insert an emoticon here, but... let's just leave it at that.]

It might be time for Jason to issue a press release along the lines of "That is NOT me in the nudie pics and I don't have a pervie thing for horses."  You can't be too careful.   ;)

Jason is probably going to stick with the HP haircut.  The actor has, apparently,  changed his.

Kat Kanning

KBCraig

Rochelle

QuoteOne year for Halloween I dressed up as Hermione after drinking the cat-hair-tainted polyjuice potion.
Lol! I would have totally gotten it :D That's a good idea; I would have never thought of it :P

QuoteFriday and Rochelle are Geek Chicks!!!
I never thought this was news!

Friday

These are my guesses:

Quote from: Friday on February 01, 2007, 12:43 PM NHFT
Will Harry die?
No
Will Draco die?
No (because sometimes, there is no justice)
Will Neville finally come into his own?
Yes.  He'll wreak vengeance for his parents.  Maybe he'll even hook up with Loony Luna.
Which character will become a professor at Hogwarts?
Tough one... Hermione is the obvious choice. But I'm going to go with Harry as DADA prof.
What is Snape's deep dark secret (and will he squeal like a pig when HE dies?)
Snape was in love with Lily.  That's why he has always hated Harry; he blames Harry for her death (because he's not big enough to admit to himself that he himself is far more responsible).  And yes... he will squeal.
Will Hermione and Ron hook up?
Yes.  They'll get married.
Will Percy finally get the smack upside the head he so richly deserves?
I don't know, but I sure hope so.  Actually, I hope he dies (although it would make Mrs. W cry).
And what of little Ginny?
She will become a professional quidditch player.
Will Fred and George start selling franchises?
Yes... if they don't blow themselves up/poison themselves first.