• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Calling all realtors

Started by RichW, February 01, 2007, 09:49 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

RichW

It would be helpful to those of us planning to move to NH in the next couple of years to hear from Porc realtors.  Some of us would prefer to use a Porc to buy real estate and keep the money in the "family" so to speak.

So, if you are a NH realtor please give us a brief description of yourself, your experience, regional expertise, contact information, type of client you prefer, and any other pertinent facts.

Thanks in advance!

Beth221

yeah i need a real estate agent!  Concord/Nashua area, a good area for those tech jobs!

Ron Helwig

Three that I know of off the top of my head:
Dave Mincin (very early Porc - Dover - on this board)
Ken Blevens (Not a Porc, but a solid Libertarian - Concord)
Mike Scanlan (sort of a pre-porc - Hampton & Manchester - on this board)

I know there's more; but I know, respect, and like these guys.

See also:
http://www.freestateproject.org/nhinfo/housing

Russell Kanning

For our area ... you can talk to Nick.

Lloyd Danforth

( This is Nick.  Not to be confused with the 'rumored' dead Nick.)

I'm employed by Century 21 Thackston & Co. If you are interested in buying property in Southwest New Hampshire, I would really like to be the guy who connects you with the right piece of property.
If you want to contact me, my e-mail is nmichelewicz@hotmail.com

You can reach me through the main office by dialing (603)-357-2121 Ext. 117

If you want more contact information or background, then I ask that you approach me through either of those avenues, or send me a Private Message.

I look forward to helping anyone find a home/business.

d_goddard

There are two "NH Jobs & Info" sessions scheduled at the upcoming Liberty Forum:
http://freestateproject.org/libertyforum

There will also be a large exhibitor section with a realty company and (I believe) some "headhunters" and temp job agencies.

RichW

Thanks d.  I cannot attend the LF.  I will be bringing my own job to NH.  But, I can't bring my house with me. ;)

I realize realtors have provided some information about themselves on this forum.  But, it is all over the place.  It would be helpful if interested realtors provided a brief resume here, so that the information is all in one place.

David

I know Nicholas Mickelewicz, as a friend.  good person.  Did not know until recently he was a real estate agent. 

cathypeschke

Dave Walthour worked his butt off for us.  I would highly recommend him.

citizen_142002

Hey,

My name's Nick Michelewicz. Thanks to those who mentioned me in the above posts.

There are a few Porc/Porc friendly realtors. I'm not an FSP member because in short I couldn't join ever. I wasn't supposed to join because I was a minor prior to the state vote, and after the state vote I was still in NH waiting for the movers.

Mincin is a good guy, and I have no problem saying that because he works mostly the other side of the state. I don't know Dave Walthour personally, though we did talk via e-mail once. From what I've heard, he's a good realtor and a good guy. He does work some of my area, Northern Cheshire County, but primarily I think his business takes place further north than mine. I'm working with three different porcs seriously at the moment.

If you are interested In Cheshire county, I'm your guy. I've lived here my entire life and have a good sense of the different towns, how each one is good/bad. As for Sullivan county, I guess dave Walthour and I can compete. That is after all what a free market is about.

FYI I'd be glad to check rentals for anyone, but few are listed in this area. Unless they are more than 1200 per month. Sadly I can't really help you If you're looking for an 800 per monh rental in Keene, because those are just done through the newspaper rather than a realtor. But if you're looking to buy land, a home, or a business in the Southwest I can help you, and would love to be the person who does so.

Sorry I haven't found this thread sooner. The forum has been giving me wicked bad log in problems, so I haven't much posted here in a couple weeks.

sueki

Hi - I am brand new to this forum. I've been here for a total of 3 minutes. 8-)
I am currently trying to sell a house in NM, and move to NH. Can someone tell me what "porc" means?
thanks
sueki

Dreepa

Quote from: sueki on May 10, 2007, 12:04 PM NHFT
Hi - I am brand new to this forum. I've been here for a total of 3 minutes. 8-)
I am currently trying to sell a house in NM, and move to NH. Can someone tell me what "porc" means?
thanks
sueki

Hi Sueki!
Welcome to the forum!
Porc is short for Porcupine which is the symbol of the Free State Project.

Russell Kanning

Porcupine .... the other white/dark meat.

MaineShark

Quote from: sueki on May 10, 2007, 12:04 PM NHFTCan someone tell me what "porc" means?
thanks

As Dreepa said, it's the symbol of the Free State Project.  It was chosen because porcupines don't attack others, but are quite capable of defending themselves, which also describes us nicely.

Joe