• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Warning: NHPlanner on Cyburbia

Started by planetaryjim, February 03, 2007, 04:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

error

I didn't see anything about the FSP on that bureaucrat's site. All I saw was:
"The stuff I wrote on my Web site can't stand up to the light of day, so I must take it down and scurry back into the darkness like the cockroach I am."

P.S. Google cache is your friend. Though, honestly, I'm not sure why anybody would want to actually read the thing. It's pretty disgusting. But I hear some people are into such perversions.

ladyattis

If central planning worked so well why don't they use it in complex software projects? Oh wait, because they use to and found it was inefficient and that procedural [and objective orientated] programming did not require a centralization methodology to ensure the code worked right. Gee, you'd think these planners would pay attention the big boys.  ;D ;D ;D

-- Bridget

slim

Quote from: ladyattis on February 06, 2007, 04:05 PM NHFT
If central planning worked so well why don't they use it in complex software projects? Oh wait, because they use to and found it was inefficient and that procedural [and objective orientated] programming did not require a centralization methodology to ensure the code worked right. Gee, you'd think these planners would pay attention the big boys.  ;D ;D ;D

-- Bridget
If the "Central Planners" realize that distribution works better that would mean they would have to give up some of their power and we all know the only thing bureaucrats like better then money is power.  >:D

ladyattis

shyfrog

seems like they truly deserve the forumnazi label...commieforumnazi? hmm

Crocuta

Well, I'll give you a prime example of what happened here.

My father-in-law is one of the people who was banned.  He signed up when I pointed the site out to him.  He is currently engaged in a battle with our county planning department over regulations.  He signed up because he wanted to get some information on why planners think the way they think.

He posted *1* message and got banned.

From the suspension thread:
plannerdude banned
plannerdude was banned on 5 February 2007 for misrepresenting himself in his profile and posts, and being a participant in an invasion of the Cyburbia Forums from another message board.

Here was the message (and the message he was responding to):

Quote2006-12-21, 04:08 PM      #1
SideshowBob
The jerk store called. They're runnin' out of you.
Providing customer service on zoning matters [was: My misinformation]
Bad month for me. This is the second stupid mistake I have made...

Someone was going to buy the house next door and use it as a day care. I was not sure about daycare rules, so I asked my senior planner, who pointed out that it is a conditional use, one of the conditions being that the day care house must be 20 feet from a "R" property. It is not.

So I told her "no can do." What I should have told her is that you must apply for a conditional use AND a variance to the 20 feet. There really is no hardship, but knowing our board, they'd have gotten it. The house sold at auction yesterday, so I feel as if I screwed the neighbor AND lowered the price for the seller.

Anyone ever done something like this? What for me to do now?

And the reply that got him banned.

Quote2007-02-05, 11:55 AM      #12
plannerdude
BANNED
Half truth
Have we come so far that the first three replies say it is ok to tell a half truth which is essentially a lie? Where have I heard, "the truth, the WHOLE truth, and nothing but the truth."

How is the public served by not telling the whole truth?

The variances and conditional uses are there because no ones plan is always 100 % perfect. Sometimes the lines we draw and rules we make are really arbitrary when all the facts are known.

It might well be, SideshowBob, that you caused real harm to your nieghbors. If you did you should be ashamed.

planetaryjim

Dear Friends,

Quote from: error on February 06, 2007, 03:44 PM NHFTGoogle cache is your friend

Indeed it is.  As is the WABAC machine, popularized on old episodes of "The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show" and made available online at archives.org.

http://web.archive.org/web/20021007164849/http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Lab/4666/index.html

Oh, the joy of research.  I pray the above captioned tool is useful to anyone who was not already intimately familiar with same.

Regards,

Jim
http://vertoro.com/

Lex

Maybe we can offer Timothy J. Thompson assistance in finding a planning position in another place. He seems like he's pretty qualified and shouldn't have any difficulty finding a job in Vermont or Main which has a similar climate and scenery so it won't even be much of a change for him except that folks in those other states are already a lot more accepting of central planning and I think Tim will actually be happier working where he is appreciated. He'd probably get paid more there too.

I can help him with his website and packing/moving boxes.

error

I would think he would be happier in Massachusetts, or better, California.

slim

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on February 09, 2007, 08:28 AM NHFT
Maybe we can offer Timothy J. Thompson assistance in finding a planning position in another place. He seems like he's pretty qualified and shouldn't have any difficulty finding a job in Vermont or Main which has a similar climate and scenery so it won't even be much of a change for him except that folks in those other states are already a lot more accepting of central planning and I think Tim will actually be happier working where he is appreciated. He'd probably get paid more there too.

I can help him with his website and packing/moving boxes.

I wonder if he would be willing to trade places with me? He can have NY I don't want it. I am sure there are plenty of jobs for Commie planners in the Empire State