• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Liberty Movies

Started by Kat Kanning, March 28, 2005, 07:57 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

The black and white one. 

Friday

Brazil is a great movie about government oppression!? Sort of Monty Python crossed with George Orwell.

Also, Blade Runner deals with issues of slavery and freedom in a metaphysical sort of way.

(These are two of my favorite movies, by the way. Wouldn't a thunk that under this perky exterior lay so much existential angst, wouldja?? ;) )

Kat Kanning

Oh Brazil's my favorite movie, pret near.  I love the rogue repairman character.

tracysaboe

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on March 28, 2005, 04:05 PM NHFT
Pro-Liberty Movies:
I, Robot - Robots decide that they need to take over the entire world in order to protect us from ourselves.  Sound familiar?   ::)

Many of these monvies can have multiple interpretations. I like I Robot. The computers made the standard semantic mistake that ALL rulers everywhere make. They go from protacting individual humans, to protecting "humanity" and once that collectivist leap is made, it justifies killing half the population to save the other half.

Anyway,

I like the Terminal too

Tracyy

Michael Fisher

Just saw The Terminal last night.

I like how the manager of the airport put it...  "America is closed."

This movie is full of examples showing how America is NOT free.

This also shows what happens to you when you're stateless, which happens if you renounce your citizenship.

Friday

Quote from: katdillon on April 04, 2005, 10:51 AM NHFT
Oh Brazil's my favorite movie, pret near.? I love the rogue repairman character.

"Listen, kid... we're all in this together!" -- Harry Tuttle, vigilante heating engineer

BillyC

http://www.infowars.com/videos.html#tyranny

These are documentaries but interesting and thought provoking to say the least.

Kat Kanning

Thanks BillyC, and welcome!

Re:  The Terminal...it was so typical of mindless bureaucracy...the insanity!

Dave Ridley

Welcome to the Underground forums Billy!

Kat Kanning

Friday

I would say that "Office Space" is about liberty in the social, as opposed to political, sense.? You're only enslaved to a crappy job, evil boss and idiotic coworkers if you allow yourself to think you are.? Never forget you can exercise your inherent right to say "Take this job and shove it!"

Note: I don't advocate stealing, embezzling or burning down buildings (other people's buildings, I should say? >:D ).

BillyC

Quote from: katdillon on April 04, 2005, 07:41 PM NHFT
Thanks BillyC, and welcome!

Re:? The Terminal...it was so typical of mindless bureaucracy...the insanity!

thank you and glad to be here.  :)

BillyC

Quote from: DadaOrwell on April 04, 2005, 08:49 PM NHFT
Welcome to the Underground forums Billy!

Thanks dada hope I can contribute and learn from you guys and gals.

lots of interesting topics here  ;D

Kat Kanning

Rabbit-Proof Fence.  This one tore me up.  Governments are soooooo evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Russell Kanning

We watched a few minutes of Firefly ..... and decided just to turn it off.