• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Might vomit a little now.

Started by KBCraig, February 08, 2007, 12:20 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Check out the headline.  :icon_puke_l: :puke:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/N/NH_JOB_CORPS_NHOL-?SITE=NHMAL&SECTION=STATE&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Feb 7, 8:23 PM EST

Wyoming, New Hampshire finally get Job Corps sites

By KATHLEEN MILLER
Associated Press Writer

CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) -- U.S. Labor Secretary Elaine Chao announced in a teleconference Wednesday that new Job Corps centers will be built in New Hampshire and Wyoming, ending the two states' status as the only states without such centers.

Like that's cause to celebrate.  >:(

But, wait, there's more!

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Jobs+site+gets+OK&articleId=785329b3-c564-40ea-8b39-c1c3d63543d0
Manchester – A new Job Corps Center in Manchester serving 500 students will be the first of its kind to focus on Homeland Security training.

error

AP does that a lot. I guess their headlines aren't subject to the usual editorial processes of keeping the obvious bias below a threshold where most would notice it.

d_goddard

At least the FSW kooks can't rub it in our face ;)

Quantrill

That's probably why the Job Corps is coming to NH and WY - so they can have more manpower to spy on the Freestaters and Frestaters West...

:glasses7:  < look out for this guy.

burnthebeautiful

The name "Job Corps" sounds scary to me. When I hear that name I envision secret service agents with sunglasses breaking down peoples doors and telling unemployed people they have one week to find a job, or else. They should have a less scary name.

eques

Quote from: burnthebeautiful on February 08, 2007, 07:03 PM NHFT
The name "Job Corps" sounds scary to me. When I hear that name I envision secret service agents with sunglasses breaking down peoples doors and telling unemployed people they have one week to find a job, or else. They should have a less scary name.

What, like the Popular Employment Concern?

error

Do you want a happy, feel-good name, or an accurate name?

Spencer

At least there's going to be another place to conduct regular protests (besides the Keene IRS office) for underprotested hampsters.

CNHT

This is another scam like the WIA... see the other thread about that.. I had posted about this before....

http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=7197.msg126325

This was passed by our last Democrat governor and is a workforce handholding job corp thing.

Like you said, take the dropouts and put them in IMPORTANT jobs... LOL

KBCraig

When politicians meddle, unintended consequences are inevitable...

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Tax+base+blunder%3a+No+relief+from+Job+Corps+center&articleId=d530546f-0100-4ae3-94f1-486b438b3ba4

Tax base blunder: No relief from Job Corps center

TWO MONTHS after a revaluation that shifted more of the city's tax burden to residential properties -- and after they passed a budget with a 7 percent tax increase -- aldermen voted 12-1 to allow a federal Job Corps center on 20 acres on Hackett Hill.

Only one alderman, Ward 5's Ed Osborne, voted last September against the deal. His excellent reason: it would remove 20 acres of commercial space from the tax rolls.

On Wednesday came word that Manchester landed the federal facility, which will provide subsidized job training for companies in the homeland security business. Supposedly, the center will boost the economy by pumping out trained workers. But businesses already train their workers, and there's no reason local colleges and universities can't offer training in the same field.

The only sure thing is that the center will further shift the property tax burden to homeowners. If the city is lucky the center will attract companies in the future. We hope so. Only if new businesses come to offset the property tax loss the center created will it benefit overtaxed city residents. Unfortunately, that's a big if.

Russell Kanning

flee manchester and concord .... too many fed buildings

Russell Kanning

Quote from: d_goddard on February 08, 2007, 05:21 PM NHFT
At least the FSW kooks can't rub it in our face ;)
I don't think they are kooks .... a couple of them are annoying.
We can fight to see who closes their job corps office first. :)