• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Personal Declaration of Independence

Started by Caleb, February 10, 2007, 11:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb

I've drawn up a personal declaration of independence, for those who don't want to wait on the State.  It's only a single page: 

www.republicofnh.org/personaldeclaration.pdf

Caleb

error

I think that "federal government" should be replaced with "United States government".

Kat Kanning

I think it should be replaced with "da mafia in Washington".

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Caleb on February 10, 2007, 11:08 PM NHFT
I've drawn up a personal declaration of independence, for those who don't want to wait on the State.  It's only a single page: 

www.republicofnh.org/personaldeclaration.pdf

Caleb

Wow, Caleb I didn't know you wrote that!  Russell just posted it somewhere and I asked who to send it to?  Thanks! :D

Raineyrocks

I was just thinking though.........if I am the only one that signs it and sends it, in my family what good would it do?  Rick is the one that works therefore has taxes taken out of his paycheck so I'm not quite sure I understand it.
Is it for personal seccession (sp?) from the united states?  What goes along with that?  I like it and I always get excited before I think about the questions that go along with something like this. 
I'm personally ready to do something, it just has to make sense to me.

Caleb

I think the logical place for someone to send it would be the IRS.  Probably about the only interaction most of us have with the federal government most of the time is paying taxes.  Most of the truly awful things they do take place in other countries.

If anyone receives money from the feds, I think a divorce means you have to give  up the benefits.

Probably not much you can do, though, if you aren't the breadwinner.  Other than asking your husband to sign it and quit paying taxes.  You can also let all state officials know that you are no longer part of the federal government.

It's more of a moral statement than anything

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 11, 2007, 06:58 AM NHFT
I think it should be replaced with "da mafia in Washington".
He could use all the names just to make sure it is understood.

Libertariangoddess

Quote from: Caleb on February 11, 2007, 10:40 AM NHFT
I think the logical place for someone to send it would be the IRS.  Probably about the only interaction most of us have with the federal government most of the time is paying taxes.  Most of the truly awful things they do take place in other countries.

If anyone receives money from the feds, I think a divorce means you have to give  up the benefits.

Probably not much you can do, though, if you aren't the breadwinner.  Other than asking your husband to sign it and quit paying taxes.  You can also let all state officials know that you are no longer part of the federal government.

It's more of a moral statement than anything

So, if you work for the fed gov't, you couldn't do it to the IRS? Couldn't you do it to the IRS, and change your w4 to have the minimum amt of tax taken from your check (claim 13 dependents, although after 12 it can cause an audit), and then just not claim taxes and hope you don't get caught? If you stop filing after you have filed all these years, do you fall off their grid, or does that cause a computer flag to show you may not be paying?

Puke

David

I never encourage the filing of papers to try to find a loophole.  Particularly if the info is not true.  I've heard the idea of writing in 13 or so dependents before.  That's perjury.  And if you are trying to be legal, it is a bad way to do it. 

Russell Kanning

the amount of dependents is just a number to help you get the right number to come out .... it isnt' some grand legal statement.

David

It does two things though.  It identifies you as a tax resister, and it makes it easy for the feds to convict you of perjury.   :-X :(

Caleb

yes, it does expose you to risk.  There's always risk if you say "no" to them.  But if they want to get you on taxes, they're going to pull up as many little charges as they can so as to scare you, but ultimately, what will be the result?  Elaine Brown had how many charges?  And they said five years for her. They realize that there are too many people who aren't paying, they can't possibly go after all of them, and if they give those they do go after gigantic sentences, it only makes the government look bad with a lot of people.  (I think it's about 80 million people who don't pay.)

For me, getting up enough courage not to pay and not to file is the hardest part; once you've made that decision, who cares about a little tiny perjury charge they might be able to add?

thinkliberty

Quote from: David on May 05, 2007, 10:45 PM NHFT
It does two things though.  It identifies you as a tax resister, and it makes it easy for the feds to convict you of perjury.   :-X :(

It also makes you un-able to purchase a gun from a gun-shop or someone with a FFL.

Question J on ATF form 4473

error

The IRS's own statistics have it that 16% of people don't pay part or all of what the IRS thinks they owe. Not quite 80 million, but still in the same ballpark.