• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Personal Declaration of Independence

Started by Caleb, February 10, 2007, 11:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: David on May 05, 2007, 10:45 PM NHFT
It does two things though.  It identifies you as a tax resister, and it makes it easy for the feds to convict you of perjury.   :-X :(
I have punched in 99 or 98 exemptions into the adp payroll system for me and others and it never led to special identification or prosecution from the feds. In that system you put in 99 for no fed/state income tax withdrawels and no ss. If you put in 98 it will take out ss but not income tax.

powerchuter

Quote from: error on May 06, 2007, 01:36 AM NHFT
The IRS's own statistics have it that 16% of people don't pay part or all of what the IRS thinks they owe. Not quite 80 million, but still in the same ballpark.

The 80 million number may actually be much too conservative of an estimate of the persons in the several states who DO NOT contribute to the income tax scam.  This would include most children under 18 or who are still in school.  This would also include some of the elderly people who are just living a quiet peaceful existence.  This would also include all those who didn't "contribute" but file so they can get EIC(stolen from someone else under threat of gunpoint) or some other "benefit"...

Of course it would include the 16 million that file with the irs only to have the irs demand "proof" that you made more or less than you filed!?!

How can you "prove" a negative?  Their "demand" that you "prove" you didn't make something...is totally ridiculous and insulting to the very fabric of what our country was built on...

Hey...preaching to the choir here...you know the rest...

penguins4me

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 06, 2007, 07:33 AM NHFTI have punched in 99 or 98 exemptions into the adp payroll system for me and others and it never led to special identification or prosecution from the feds. In that system you put in 99 for no fed/state income tax withdrawels and no ss. If you put in 98 it will take out ss but not income tax.

Since I am still an employee of a large company instead of a self-sufficient entrepreneur, pending completion of my Brilliant Plan(tm), I find the above interesting.

Since Social(ist) Security money is lifted right out of my paycheck before I even get my hands on it, and since I don't get a belated "bill" from the gov't such as the one for federal income tax, if the above is true, and 99 exemptions cause the fed machinery to cease taking out money for SS, how does the gov't plan on recouping that from the individual? Details would be helpful, as "by force" is a given. For example, there are tax courts, but I've not heard of SS courts, nor of people being convicted/charged with 'failure to pay SS'.

Libertariangoddess

Quote from: David on May 04, 2007, 09:40 PM NHFT
I never encourage the filing of papers to try to find a loophole.  Particularly if the info is not true.  I've heard the idea of writing in 13 or so dependents before.  That's perjury.  And if you are trying to be legal, it is a bad way to do it. 

Filing of papers????

My payroll person here said that filing up to 12 is perfectly legal. It is if you claim 13 that it triggers a "fraud" warning. If you claim 12, and file, you may have to owe money. But she said there is no penalty for doing so.

Libertariangoddess

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 06, 2007, 07:33 AM NHFT
Quote from: David on May 05, 2007, 10:45 PM NHFT
It does two things though.  It identifies you as a tax resister, and it makes it easy for the feds to convict you of perjury.   :-X :(
I have punched in 99 or 98 exemptions into the adp payroll system for me and others and it never led to special identification or prosecution from the feds. In that system you put in 99 for no fed/state income tax withdrawels and no ss. If you put in 98 it will take out ss but not income tax.

Russell, how do you do that? Is that a special system? Or do you mean I just claim 99 dependents? How would I go about claiming the deductions if I work for the fed gov't? Change my w4?

Russell Kanning

I am describing the actual way you input your exempt status into the biggest payroll system ADP. It never "triggered" anything in my case. I have never received a bill or nasty letter from the IRS.

error

Now I think if your company's payroll is through ADP that you can just go their web site and edit your W-4 yourself.

Dreepa

Quote from: error on May 16, 2007, 01:19 AM NHFT
Now I think if your company's payroll is through ADP that you can just go their web site and edit your W-4 yourself.
I will have to test that.