• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

A Voluntary (music CD) Production?

Started by John, February 11, 2007, 04:49 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

BTW the reason I ask about museition's photos is that - as coincidence would have it - she and I took some pictures of essentially the same subject matter within days of one another and she managed to capture precisely what I was trying to, in several.

Speaking of photos, does anyone know of a HIGH QUALITY photo of that brilliant rainbow that splashed into the valley at the end of Porcfest #1?  While it was a uniquely dramatic sceen, my pictures of it aren't worth considering as cover art.

CNHT

Quote from: John on February 16, 2007, 05:09 AM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on February 15, 2007, 07:43 AM NHFTI have some good stuff I know Matty can sing...they need a guy's voice.
Not sure I get this.  Didn't you say you don't write?  Who is Matty?

No I do covers. LibertyRocket I heard, has a nice voice for the Neil Young stuff like Cowgirl in the Sand and Credence Clearwater stuff....like
Have You Ever Seen the Rain, etc...

Dave Ridley

just get me into a studio and in front of a mike and i should be able to get u taken care of with a tune or two.  u'd need to play the gitar.   actually i guess we would need to practice a few times but i have the material ready to go.   talk to me next time  u see me and maybe we can set down with yer gitar and i can show you what I have in mind.

CNHT

Quote from: DadaOrwell on February 16, 2007, 08:07 AM NHFT
just get me into a studio and in front of a mike and i should be able to get u taken care of with a tune or two.  u'd need to play the gitar.   actually i guess we would need to practice a few times but i have the material ready to go.   talk to me next time  u see me and maybe we can set down with yer gitar and i can show you what I have in mind.

Well I just spoke to John on the phone and told him he's on my list of people to call who would be interested in having some fun.....we're busy getting the cellar set up to accommodate more people. The drum set is huge and takes up a lot of space...I'm behind schedule on this due to not having felt well... but I haven't forgotten those who have said they would like to do this...I did not know you liked to sing, but, the more harmony the better!

John

Quote from: DadaOrwell on February 16, 2007, 08:07 AM NHFT

So glad you stopped at this thread my friend.  I thought I might have to PM you regarding one you've already recorded.  We'll talk soon.

John

I've got the green light to go to the seacoast tomorrow to record some preliminary stuff.
We will be recording in a church, where a friend of mine regularly runs the sound system.

Tom Sawyer

John

John

We did some preliminary recording of five songs this afternoon.
We had fun.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: John on February 19, 2007, 09:33 PM NHFT
Kind of haunting.  Thanks!

Glad you liked it John  :)... I need to work on it some more, but it is starting to work.

Kat Kanning

Photos from John:

some guy with a guitar

church sound man, Rusty

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 19, 2007, 12:42 AM NHFT
Cult of the Lawyers

Rough draft of my song... a work in progress.

Thats a rich mix, Mr. Sawyer
How about a little more metalic emphasis on "We own you" ?

Tom Sawyer

Thanks for the feedback... :) Good idea. 8)

I need to work on the mix and I'm still trying to figure the structure out. I'm 75% happy with it. ^-^

awknittel

John,

Heard you on the FTL podcast today. I have been working on a song based on Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged.  The idea is to give a description of all the main protagonist in verses and then have a common chorus echoing objective reasoning.  I'm still working on it, just started tonight because I was inspired by your phone call to Ian and Mark (and about 6 beers).

Of course describing John Galt's exploits would be the last verse before the final chorus. I was thinking Dagnie Taggert, Hank Reardon, and Francisco d'Anconia for the verses.

Anthony Knittel
San Diego, CA
FSP Member
858-220-0354

I play a mean acoustic guitar like yourself!
Take care

TackleTheWorld

Welcome  to the forum, AW

Hope to hear your lyrics on the CD.