• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

A Voluntary (music CD) Production?

Started by John, February 11, 2007, 04:49 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Welcome to the forum Anthony, and thanks for coming over.
I look forward to hearing your song! (Sounds like some serious lifting.)

(btw, how did you know I had 6 beers?) ;D

Amos Keag

Can't wait to hear it!  When can we expect you in NH?

Oh, and welcome to the underground...

Amethyste

Well, I read this and  find this interesting.
I am a vocalist - with a CD for sale on Amazon and other places, but I dont think that my vocal style would fit this project at all :(. My musical partner and I produced all the songs ( all originals ), music, lyrics, mastering and even the CD cover art. Everything was made in NH - with amazing pictures taken at the North Beach NH. If you want to see the album or hear samples, please go to:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/amethyste

Have a great evening and good luck with the project!

John

Well, well, welcome back, Amethyste.  Thanks for making it over to this thread.

Congratulations on your CD.  Very nice!

I just listened to all of the sample tracks and, while you may not (yet) see where your vocal style would fit in with this project, I sure do.

Amethyste

Hey!! Thank you John for your nice comment :)
Scott! Thank you so much! I wish I'd knew you bought the CD - I would have had you pay me with paypal and I could have at least written something like a thank you note in there... :)

Thank you all for the warm welcome back. It's nice to relate with nice people like you :)

PS: Scott, if you find that there is a problem with the CD - please let me know. I will send you a new copy.

Rosie the Riveter

I sing and currently teach voice at a performing arts school. I can write and sing a killer smooth harmory to anything-- rock n roll, r&b, folk, jazz any style -- really.

I am very busy with life, but let me know if you need back-up vocals and I'll make the time.

eldong420

Hi I'm new to this forum but I heard your idea on ftl and I wanted to see if I could get involved. Your idea is similar to what I wanted to do which was get a bunch of pro liberty bands and musicians together to make a compilation cd. My buddies and I have probably about two songs that are polished enough to record. We're in Indy so we would have to get them recorded out here and send them. So I was wondering how many band/musicians you have for this project and if you would have room for us or if you would even want us on there. I'll check back later and see what you say. thanks, Liam

John

John

Welcome to the forum Liam, and thanks for coming over!

I'm thinking we still have room for more . . . need to figure out the details.

I suggest going ahead with recording.  The "worst" thing that could happen IF we were to run out of room is that WE WOULD BE ON OUR WAY TOWARDS A SECOND CD!   :o  Now, how "bad" would that be?  ;D

This could turn into something big - like an ongoing project to bring out the music that today's Freedom movement already has (apparently hidden just beneath the surface)  - - - and to foster its' growth.

John

fyi -at work, 2 of us need to keep a 4-man department running 24 hours a day for the next week . . . then out of state, to visit  - and hopefully work on some music . . . then back to work for a few days . . . So I won't be spending much time at this computer . . . Got to pay the bills.

dEadERest

I got to hear John in the hospitality room Sat. night, he's getting pretty polished with his whole presentation, nicely done!

Atlas

John sounded good as he closed SAT night's FTL show.

John

Quote from: dEadERest on February 26, 2007, 11:57 AM NHFT
I got to hear John in the hospitality room Sat. night, he's getting pretty polished with his whole presentation, nicely done!

That's kind of you to say - I think.  :blush:  Thank you!

Not sure how comfortable I am with being called "polished."  I'm just some dude who's trying to support Liberty & Justice . . . All I did in my "presentation" was take the time (and I sure need time, as I currently only have about 15 minutes of actual music I'm comfortable playing publicly) to describe (for those who might not know) what each song is about, prior to playing them.

I admit that I gave some prior thought about how to do that (I decided on chronological order) ; and I'm glad I did, particularly because there were lots of NEW folks.  I value your opinion, and I'm glad it worked.

One of the really fun parts of the night was when I went outside of my normal routine to specifically try and help support the AltExpo.  (Word is that that worked to.)

Anyway, thanks for your kind comments.  It was a pleasure to finally meet you - in person.  Thanks for bringing your guitar to.  I'm thinking we'll talk soon.

John

Quote from: Rebel on February 26, 2007, 01:54 PM NHFT
John sounded good as he closed SAT night's FTL show.

Thanks! I'm so glad it worked.

FTL live is not set up for live music, but hey, we are all friends so we gave it a try.   8)

When I listened to it on the podcast, I thought it sounded like we had planned/practiced it.  BUT WE HADN'T.  That was just the real, raw, last 2 verses of "The Free State Project Blues."

I'm thinking Ian and Mark must be masters to have made it fit perfectly into to the closing adds.

THAT WAS FUN!   :)

eques

I can do keyboard, and I've got some chops in the voice department...

most of my keyboarding is freestyle... (kept me alive through college--we're not talking money, here)... my vocal style is probably somewhat more classical, though I haven't done much singing lately and am probably out of shape, somewhat.  :-\