• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

A Voluntary (music CD) Production?

Started by John, February 11, 2007, 04:49 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

cathleeninnh

eques

John

Quote from: James A. Pyrich on February 27, 2007, 08:08 AM NHFT
I can do keyboard, and I've got some chops in the voice department...

most of my keyboarding is freestyle... (kept me alive through college--we're not talking money, here)... my vocal style is probably somewhat more classical, though I haven't done much singing lately and am probably out of shape, somewhat.  :-\

Cool. Thanks, James.

Within the next few weeks, I should have a general plan on how we will be proceeding.

John

We did some more preliminary work on some songs this weekend. . . . Got my (undisclosed) gal to sing the FSP blues!!!!!! . . .

More news very soon.

Kat Kanning

I think I'm supposed to post this undisclosed singer pic:

John

Thanks Kat!
That IS the undisclosed female singer on the upcoming version of "Free State Project Blues."   8) :-X

John

She'll be out of country for a short time.
Then when she returns, we'll work on this some more.

John

Jared

wow i had no idea there were so many porc musicians! this is so unbelievable cool..we'll if to jam when i'm band in nh. here's my stuff if anyone cares to take a listen - http://www.myspace.com/jareddubravsky

TackleTheWorld

Jared

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on April 12, 2007, 10:23 AM NHFT
Quote from: Jared on April 12, 2007, 01:35 AM NHFT
http://www.myspace.com/jareddubravsky

Impressive.  Thanks Jared!

thank you! my record is almost done. ive been working on it for the past month or so. those recordings on my page are sort of old. hopefully the new ones will be finished soon.

John

I was knocked off coarse (disproportionally, I must admit) for a few . . .
I even feared that my "internal clock" may have been broken.

I'm resetting my clock: please pardon the delay.

Thank you for your tune Jared!  Can we use it!

Quantrill

Nice job, Jared.  (+1)

Looks like you're playing in Portsmouth tomorrow.  Don't think I'll be able to make it then but maybe a few of us here could check out an upcoming show...

Jared

yeah, i'd love to see any and all of you at a show sometime! as far as the cd goes, i'll have to think about it. i feel a little melodramatic saying this, but i've always been pretty hesitant to blend music and politics. it's actually been bothering me for a long time, the question of whether or not i should keep the two separate or blend them together. it's a very difficult question for me. for instance, i've been tempted to say something about the smoking ban at shows...but would that spoil the purity of a good rock show? especially since most of the people in the bars i play are completely FOR the ban? im thinking of incorporating "mind your own business" by hank williams into the set and dedicating it to john lynch.