• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

A Voluntary (music CD) Production?

Started by John, February 11, 2007, 04:49 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Amethyste

Hey Jared!
I just left you a little comment on your myspace :)
Long time ago, I decided to not blend music and politics. That's the decision I made a while
back and I am glad I did it. Actually, I love to let the people connect in their own way with their
own interpretation of the lyrics I wrote. It's all up to their imagination... :)

Nice music on your site!!!

aworldnervelink

I'm taking the opposite approach... I am totally blending music and politics. I may be the first musician to quote Ludwig von Mises!

powerchuter

Quote from: aworldnervelink on April 13, 2007, 06:48 PM NHFT
I'm taking the opposite approach... I am totally blending music and politics. I may be the first musician to quote Ludwig von Mises!

Where do we find your work at?

GCG199

Quote from: aworldnervelink on April 13, 2007, 06:48 PM NHFT

Neat, I'd like to hear your work!

aworldnervelink

Here's an almost-complete mix of a song I've been working on for the past 3 years:

http://www.anaglyph.net/kevin/Projects/Butterfly-Effect-15.mp3

Hopefully I can finish the next song a bit quicker.

John

EXCELLENT!  And it fits/works VERY well within the album concept.  ;D
This CD is definitely going to work.

I've got one more schedule adjustment to make it through, before I can settle down and pull this together.

THANKS Kevin!

p.s.  I have a "working" album title, but we may want to set up a collaborative freedom artists networking web site before saying the name.

Tom Sawyer

Cool Kevin. Although I was watching the visualizer in iTunes while listening and I almost had an epileptic seizure.  ;D

I like the voice... the piece kind of had a taste of NIN to it. The Mises part might have been a little too far down in the mix (at least in my low end headphones)  :)

Thanks for the inspiration, I need to do more of the creative stuff it always helps lift my spirits.

Here are links to some stuff... what can one guy do with GarageBand?
I'm kind of happy with these, but they need to be gone over one more time (at least) before I can live with them.

Cult of the Lawyers

First They Brand You

ICEmen Just Doin' Their Job

And the tune that kind of kicked this whole process off
Dada Orwell's Gimmee  (my unsolicited REMIX version)

An index of other instrumental stuff that is a little more uplifting.
Some of which has been used in the  Free State Activism DVD.

Rosie the Riveter

These are all GREAT!! They would make great pieces for FTL to use as transition music or for Mark and Ian to play for fun when the topic applies. I can see them using a cut of Dada's "Gimmie Your Money" quite frequently ---

Kevin -- will you post a link to some of your other songs? I know you told me they are online somewhere but I can't seem to find'em.

TackleTheWorld

aworldnervelink

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 22, 2007, 01:37 PM NHFT
I like the voice... the piece kind of had a taste of NIN to it. The Mises part might have been a little too far down in the mix (at least in my low end headphones)  :)

Oddly enough, NIN has been one of my favorite bands for the past 15+ years (although With Teeth was a disappointment and I haven't heard the new album yet).

The middle part is deliberately mixed low. First, I wanted a slightly dramatic effect and to get people to try to figure it out. Second, I'm not sure of the legality of quoting the text as I did. Can you imagine a bunch of frumpy Austrian economists worrying about having to sue a musician?

aworldnervelink

Quote from: Rosie the Riveter on April 22, 2007, 03:43 PM NHFT
Kevin -- will you post a link to some of your other songs? I know you told me they are online somewhere but I can't seem to find'em.

I just migrated all of my web content to a new server and directory browsing is no longer allowed. All the rest is just little bits and pieces... unfinished ideas... probably not worth listening to yet.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: aworldnervelink on April 22, 2007, 11:15 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 22, 2007, 01:37 PM NHFT

Oddly enough, NIN has been one of my favorite bands for the past 15+ years (although With Teeth was a disappointment and I haven't heard the new album yet).

The middle part is deliberately mixed low. First, I wanted a slightly dramatic effect and to get people to try to figure it out. Second, I'm not sure of the legality of quoting the text as I did. Can you imagine a bunch of frumpy Austrian economists worrying about having to sue a musician?

;D Those darn "frumpy Austrian economists".

Cool, I think the arts are a powerful tool for affecting people. I would love to see more creative stuff... I just know we have a bunch of frustrated artists lurking out there, make something to express yourself, not just music projects.

Quantrill

QuoteWow, lyrics that aren't slurred into obscurity.  I like that.

This is also the direction I'm going.  I have 1 song that's ready to be recorded and I've quoted Ralph William Inge, Thomas Paine and the Declaration of Independence.

Unfortunately I can't record anything because I don't have an electric guitar & amp, bass guitar & amp, a drumset or a drummer.  Plus I have no recording equipment.  So it may be awhile before I can contribute to the disc.
:(

aworldnervelink

We have everything but the drums at my place... and I can do the drums electronically.

Quantrill

SWEET!  I was not looking forward to manually programming my DR 202.

We need to talk...