• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

A Voluntary (music CD) Production?

Started by John, February 11, 2007, 04:49 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: aworldnervelink on April 22, 2007, 11:15 PM NHFTSecond, I'm not sure of the legality of quoting the text as I did.

The quote seems reasonably small enough to be fare use.
But two ideas:
1)  We simply footnote the reference in the credits!  (I think that that would be plenty (and quite fare for such a short reference) - but I'm no expert on the issue.)
2)  Email the owner of the intellectual property and ask permission, if that seems appropriate?  (I think this would be unnecessary - but again I'm no expert on the issue.)

I contacted the owners of some intellectual property (one song written by one person, and recorded by another (who told me that a certain great Liberty oriented (501C3) organization "owns the rights to it") that I wanted to use, but . . . Well, it ain't happening - yet.  And that's OK!  Maybe they will be contacting us for inclusion on CD #2?  ;D  (Or #3, etc.)   ;D ;D :o

aworldnervelink

I just listened to the new Nine Inch Nails album (Year Zero) on the way out to Portland. It's much better than the last one and has some catchy tracks on there. It's practically a concept album as all of the songs are about the descent into an Orwellian society... this crowd should love it!

error

Quote from: aworldnervelink on May 20, 2007, 09:52 PM NHFT
I just listened to the new Nine Inch Nails album (Year Zero) on the way out to Portland. It's much better than the last one and has some catchy tracks on there. It's practically a concept album as all of the songs are about the descent into an Orwellian society... this crowd should love it!

Is it? I wasn't impressed with With Teeth. I guess I'll go pick it up tomorrow.

John

Health issues dragged this project down for a while . . . Hey, things (shit) happened!  Then we need to clean things up and move forward.

After some problems . . . diagnosed with signs of emphysema in July . . . then August brought more bad news . . . The road to rescue/recovery/restoring health has been interesting, positive, and constant . . . NOTHING WILL BE KEEPING ME DOWN.

Get up,:deadhorse:    You ain't dead8)
We will be OK!   ;)

Are you ready to pick up the ball?  I'm almost ready!

Tom Sawyer

Glad to hear you are on the mend John.  :)

John

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 10, 2008, 06:52 AM NHFT
Glad to hear you are on the mend John.  :)

Thanks!
Now I have an excuse for weak vocals.  ;D  They are weaker than before, but maybe I can fix that to!
Other than that, I expect that my overall health (body/mind & spirit) is much better than I might have expected a year ago - even before my repeated exposures.
I'm taking lots of extra - restorative - rest this winter.
In Spring?  I'm thinking we can put this project back together.

Tom Sawyer

John