• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

URGENT help needed -- stories of improper behavior by NH police

Started by d_goddard, February 11, 2007, 05:43 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

d_goddard

The subcommittee working on HB171 will meet this Tuesday morning.
This bill says:
QuoteNo expectation of privacy exists under any circumstances for any public servant while in the course of his or her official duties and while in a public place.

I am trying to make the case that this is needed by the people of NH to protect them from the inevitable "bad apples" on the police corps. Believe it or not, the Reps on the subcommittee are leaning in our favor on this one!

What I need now to make a slam-dunk case, are real, personal stories from NH residents who have been impacted by police who were not courteous and professional. You don't have to have been "beaten up"... just wrongly inconvenienced (example: Dada getting detained for open carry, which should NEVER happen in this state). Maybe a policeman was rude to you for no reason you could identify. Maybe you had personal effects searched when there was no probable cause. WE NEED THESE STORIES.

You do not need to be present at the testimony itself, though that would be helpful.
You can be anonymous if you wish -- that does not lessen the impact of your testimony in any way.
If you cannot be present, please send me an email with your story. Please note if you wish to remain anonymous. Please *do* give the specifics: approximate date & time when the interaction happened, and specific location.

Just a few sentences should be enough to get the basic point across -- this isn't a jury trial, it's just anecdotal stories that indicate yes, there is a real need for people to be able to peaceably record audio & video of their interactions with Law Enforcement.

Thanks!
Denis.Goddard (at) gmail.com
(or use the email icon under my picture, at left)