• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Separation of School and Satan... I mean State

Started by YeahItsMeJP, March 29, 2005, 10:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanM

I had a chat with a fellow today about Separation of Schools and State that blew me away. I mentioned our new group starting, and what the goal was, expecting him to give me all the pat answers for why public schools were good and important. His reply: Sounds great to me. The schools are broken and beyond repair. It's time to start fresh, without government involvement this time.
I couldn't have said it better myself.  8)

Kat Kanning

Kat Kanning

Cool!  It was hearing him speak at Laissez-Faire books that got me to consider homeschooling.

Michael Fisher

I'm working up the courage to start doing individual protests at public schools.  The sign will say:

SCHOOL
IS
SLAVERY

NHFREE.COM

To me, the spirit of an individual protest is like this:

The man that blocked a column of tanks the day after the Tiananmen Square massacre in China.  THAT is the true spirit of freedom in my eyes.

John

Bocked?

This dude said Hey!
What the F are you fighting for? Me?

Pat K

I could stand up to a tank like that, but then I wiegh as much as one of those tanks so no big deal.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on April 05, 2005, 11:12 PM NHFT
I'm working up the courage to start doing individual protests at public schools.? The sign will say:

SCHOOL
IS
SLAVERY

NHFREE.COM

I like it

Kat Kanning

BTW, if anyone is interested in the national separation of school and state email list it is here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SepSchool/

I got an enthusiastic reply back from Marshall Fritz last night :)  We should be getting some materials and maybe a speaker from him for the edu fair and probably for other stuff.

Kat Kanning

If the separation alliance doesn't have a speaker available for the
education fair, is anyone here interested in doing a presentation for
it?  I'm asking if the SepSchool people have any resources available
for making a presentation on the subject.

Kat Kanning

We'll be discussing this project on Sunday, if anyone wants to come out to the Monadnock Porcupines meeting (Noon, Cheshire Village Pizza).

mvpel

I've been engaging in a Separation of School & State discussion over on the Merrimack Town Forum, which has been enjoyable.  There's even talk of writing me in for school board, though I'm not sure who I pissed off to deserve that.   ;D

davemincin

Hoping you can make Kat's meeting Sunday.  Thinking it important that we all get on the same page, rather than doing our own thing, and risk duplicating effort. :)

varrin

FYI, Y'all,

I'll be there Sunday.  Also, we're lining up some education related topics at Porc Fest... I hope you'll enjoy them ;)

V-

CNHT

Quote from: mvpel on April 08, 2005, 09:22 AM NHFT
I've been engaging in a Separation of School & State discussion over on the Merrimack Town Forum, which has been enjoyable.? There's even talk of writing me in for school board, though I'm not sure who I pissed off to deserve that.? ?;D

I believe that was Jeannine Stergios, one of 'us'. Note her signature line?

"It Takes A School To Bankrupt A Village" taken from our bumper stickers.  ^-^