• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Maybe we should imagine what we want and think about that all day

Started by Dave Ridley, February 15, 2007, 06:17 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

a guest (i think) over at the ed brown blog posted a partial copy of that Law of Attraction movie called "the secret"

some of it is overly metaphysical for my taste but the simple concept:  "thoughts become things"
is probably valid (not to mention the fact that the production values of the movie are really good).  I notice how much time many of us spend worrying about bad things that might happen...maybe it is wise to start focusing more on what we think *should* happen and clearly envisioning it.

here's the link to the movie site...

http://www.thesecret.tv/home.html

you can watch the trailer free its 20 minutes

Caleb

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: Caleb on February 15, 2007, 06:41 PM NHFT
Dada ... that link isn't showing for me.

Caleb the avatar is killin' me -- I'm getting angry everytime I see your posts just b/c of her---  :BangHead:

Please it's not you it's heeeerrrrr!!! AAAAAhhhhhh!!

Much better -- Wait -- Is it still her?

stitcherman

optimism without the knowledge of true reality brings enslavment through deceit.  

the study of true  history shall bring you reality.

then and only then can imaging  your reality  be created.

earthhaven

I just saw this movie last week. In my opinion it takes common sense and turns it into a conspiracy, but it does carry some good messages at the same time. This movie actually has some libertarian themes in it, and it is helping me to explain liberty and freedom to my mother who is a former die hard democrat.

Kat Kanning

stitcherman

Caleb

Quote from: Rosie the Riveter on February 15, 2007, 07:46 PM NHFT

Caleb the avatar is killin' me -- I'm getting angry everytime I see your posts just b/c of her---  :BangHead:

Is that better?  ;) ;D

Kat Kanning

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: Caleb on February 15, 2007, 08:27 PM NHFT
Quote from: Rosie the Riveter on February 15, 2007, 07:46 PM NHFT

Is that better?  ;) ;D

At least she's better looking young -- but I know it's still her  >:D

Pat K

Dreepa

Russell Kanning

if you think about how much you hate hillary often ... then what will happen?
If you put hillary as your avatar ... what sort of reality will that create?

I agree that what you think about determines reality ..... especially for you.

It is hard to be fake and get what you are wanting. It also seems related to Gandhi's idea that the means are the ends. You live your life a certain way .... and it creates a reality based off of that behavior. Jesus said to pray for certain things ... and have faith. Things can happen ... that you want to have happen. :)

In the Ed Brown situation ... if you look for feds ... or if you are paranoid .... then everyone does become your enemy.

Forums can create alot of debate and tension, but I enjoy my friends here and in the real world of "The Shire". We have many people that believe we can create a better reality ... that we have the power. :)

Dave Ridley

Raineyrocks

There is also a forum http://www.powerfulintentions.com/thesecret/ .   I have the movie and I don't believe everything that I've watched however I do notice when I am in a positive mood, I do attract positive people throughout the day.  Of course negative days I attract negative people as far as getting rich because I believe I will I don't think that would work.
One day I totally believed I'd win the sweepstakes (Ed Mcman (sp?)) and got dressed up to meet him at the door, nothing! :-[