• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Body armor - defensive tools

Started by planetaryjim, February 16, 2007, 08:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

penguins4me

Why go into technical details when they are neither relevant to the discussion at hand, nor something I am intimately familiar with (witness my error regarding hard/soft backing on kevlar's bullet-stopping performance) - but am knowledgeable enough to address common misconceptions such as kevlar vest being "bullet proof"...?

You're suggesting Ed should hang modern scale-mail (read: expensive) vests in his windows rather than $25 kevlar panels?

How is this relevant to planetaryjim's topic?

MaineShark

Quote from: penguins4me on March 25, 2007, 07:14 AM NHFTWhy go into technical details when they are neither relevant to the discussion at hand, nor something I am intimately familiar with (witness my error regarding hard/soft backing on kevlar's bullet-stopping performance) - but am knowledgeable enough to address common misconceptions such as kevlar vest being "bullet proof"...?

Yup, because planetaryjim certainly thought that an vest would stop absolutely any bullet.

Oddly enough, I expect that most people here are smart enough to know that ballistic armor has limitations.

Of course, the specific limitations might not be something they are familiar with.  Hence, don't try to go into specifics about things on which you are ignorant.

Quote from: penguins4me on March 25, 2007, 07:14 AM NHFTYou're suggesting Ed should hang modern scale-mail (read: expensive) vests in his windows rather than $25 kevlar panels?

How is this relevant to planetaryjim's topic?

No, I am suggesting that such things are silly.  If Ed wants armor, he should be wearing it.

Unlike in the movies, standard walls do not stop bullets.  Armoring the windows is like swabbing the floors on the Titanic: it might help a little, for a while, but it would ultimately be foolish.

Wearing armor and then armoring a particular room as a "safe room" would be a better tactical choice.  Of course, he would also need chemical protection, because people tend to abandon such locations once they are pumped full of tear gas.

Joe

penguins4me

Interestingly enough, while I do not have all the details, Ed's house is called "fortified" in the media because it is constructed of concrete to a certain extent. So, if Ed's walls are indeed made of concrete, then placing kevlar panels in the windows may indeed have some measure of merit. Not that cloth-covered windows will keep the feds out, should they choose to impose themselves...

powerchuter

Hi Jim,
Thank you for your thoughtfulness and your post.  I know Ed and Elaine appreciate all the thoughts, words, support, prayers, blessings, etc.!  While I don't attempt to speak in place of the Browns, I do have some simple suggestions.

Ed has asked people to spread the word about their situation.  Obviously there are many ways to do this, but the most simple and effective is to take the time to write a thoughtful letter/email and send a copy to everyone you know(snail mail and email depending on whether they have email).  What a great investment for someone or even a small group of people.  Blogging and including links on websites is another great way, especially when combined with the letter writing campaign.

Ed has also encouraged people to watch Aaron Russo's movie "America: From Freedom to Fascism" and to buy the discounted official copies(usually available from the We The People state coordinators, but they are also available from some on this forum) and to hand them out and encourage others to watch and then do the same.  My parents watched it last week and they are ordering 50 copies to start handing out(now that's a miracle in itself)!

Jim, I know how you feel about voting...and I won't ask you personally to do this...but others, as they feel inclined to...should support Ron Paul.

First, I'll address those who understand the truth about voting and the illusion of choice...  Yes, it's a scam.  Yes, it's rigged in more ways than you'll ever know.  Yes, implied consent is a crock of you know what...  But for those still clinging to the illusion, Ron Paul makes as good a transition point as any...  And I think with his campaign there will be more people demanding MSM coverage(as the recent Ron Paul interview on Fox attests) and also watching to prevent a repeat of the Badnarik and Cobb arrests in 2004 to prevent them from even attending the televised debates in St. Louis.  So I would ask even those who believe voting is madness...to help promote Ron Paul to those still in the Matrix.  Ron Paul, above all, has been and is a shining beacon in a sea of darkness with respect to the federal bottomfeeders in washupingtonofshitington and he deserves all of our support, no matter what our personal beliefs are...because he has been doing the same for us for years!

Second, for those still in the Matrix...still clinging to the illusion of voting and the obvious aggression of the state in their neverending quest(on your behalf I might add) for "might makes right" domination of the masses...commonly called "democracy"(see www.democracyisnotfreedom.com) please take note...  This election(2008) may very well not take place.  We could have open martial law by then.  Who knows what the crazies will do next?  The dollar has been on life support for years and it's not going to live forever(the more wars we have the longer they can prop it up).  I will encourage you to also write/email/blog/link in support of Ron Paul and that, on election day, you send a clear message to all politicians by not only voting for Ron Paul but also by refusing to vote "straight party"...  Learn about all the candidates and make a more informed decision when you vote in 2008.

So here's the way I see Vote 2008 shaping up.  We've already had an internet video bashing that thing from New York(I refuse to use her name) and being loosely attributed to the other thing from Chicago(ditto)...but traced back to a supposed unconnected third party...

This is just the beginning folks!

This will be the first major election where untold millions will be spent by the masses in the political underground...  Totally circumventing the unconstitutional FEC reporting requirements...  You can bet the "major players" will all be using these guerilla tactics...and so will everyone else...  Here, you can use your imagination and the skies the limit.  We're already seeing an incredible amount of "unofficial" Ron Paul items and efforts.  Bumper stickers, t-shirts, blogs, websites, printed material, video blogs, audio blogs, etc!  Won't you join in the creative enterprise of the american spirit!?!

Here's just one interesting idea...
Recently in NH our legislature made it "illegal" to release balloons(if you're interested in more information please use your preferred search engine)...  Anyway, someone might print up some business cards with a short blurb about Ron Paul and put them inside balloons and "float" them around the primary states by the millions...

Wouldn't that be a hoot!

Also, along the same lines as the "grannywarriors"(www.grannywarriors.com) people will be using their vehicles, houses, and businesses to promote all these things!

I'm sure you'll think of your own ways to promote Ed and Elaine Brown, America: From Freedom To Fascism, and Ron Paul!

What are you waiting for!?!

Let the party begin!

ps-Feel free to share your ideas with others!

lordmetroid

Yes the dollar is definetly on life support, found this excellent video on YouTube just rescently. Don't remember how I found it anymore though.

dalebert

Quote from: lordmetroid on March 25, 2007, 12:30 PM NHFT
Yes the dollar is definetly on life support, found this excellent video on YouTube just rescently. Don't remember how I found it anymore though.

Oh... My... GOD!
If you need me, I'll be curled up in a fetal position in the corner.

powerchuter

Quote from: dalebert on March 25, 2007, 12:43 PM NHFT
Quote from: lordmetroid on March 25, 2007, 12:30 PM NHFT

Oh... My... GOD!
If you need me, I'll be curled up in a fetal position in the corner.

Snap out of it Dalebert!
We've got work to do!
Don't lose heart, just get busy...
And if you don't know what to do...
Follow your heart, pick something, then run with it!
Even if it is scissors...lol.

dalebert

Quote from: powerchuter on March 25, 2007, 12:51 PM NHFT
Snap out of it Dalebert!

In time you'll learn not to take me too seriously most of the time.

Seriously though, besides taking action to get our government to stop playing games that are fucking with our economy, aren't there actions that individuals can take once we have this information to protect ourselves? For instance, right now I have my retirement fund largely invested in an S&P 500 index fund that's largely linked to the American economy. Conventional wisdom, based on the history of the U.S. economy up to now, implies that this is a pretty safe investment, at least in the long-term, but knowing that conventional wisdom may be flawed, are there safer investments to make? Is it better to invest in hard assets given this information like real estate or gold (in your hand, of course), or perhaps foreign markets?

Considering that wealth is measured relative to the wealth of others, could one actually benefit from this by investing in things that have real value while most of the population's assets are declining in value. Would not you become wealthy by virtue of being a smarter investor? Or, the more pessimistic view is that the whole world could be thrown into turmoil because the U.S. economy is so tied to the world economy. If that happens, we could all just be royally screwed. You might be fabulously wealthy, but if resources become scarce enough, it may lead to martial law. I guess that depends on just how bad it is and whether it's recoverable before it reaches that point.

Everyone grab your shotgun and a can of beans and find a safe corner to guard.
:pitchfork:

powerchuter

The answers to your questions should, perhaps, be posted on a separate thread...

I know my post to planetaryjim wasn't exactly "on topic" but it was relevant to assisting the Browns in the ways that they have asked to be helped...

If you could move your posting to a new thread I'll be happy to go into some detail as my time permits...

penguins4me

Quote from: dalebertEveryone grab your shotgun and a can of beans and find a safe corner to guard.

I've got mine, as well as kevlar panels over my windows and a shiny new ceramic scale-mail vest.

>.>

<.<

You best not be touchin' my beans.

dalebert

Quote from: powerchuter on March 25, 2007, 11:34 PM NHFT
If you could move your posting to a new thread I'll be happy to go into some detail as my time permits...

Will do.

EDIT:
Done. This topic is being continued at the thread below.

http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=7910.0

MaineShark

Quote from: penguins4me on March 25, 2007, 08:09 AM NHFTInterestingly enough, while I do not have all the details, Ed's house is called "fortified" in the media because it is constructed of concrete to a certain extent. So, if Ed's walls are indeed made of concrete, then placing kevlar panels in the windows may indeed have some measure of merit. Not that cloth-covered windows will keep the feds out, should they choose to impose themselves...

Yes, and a basement becomes a "armored subterranean bunker" when the media gets ahold of it...

Do you "not have all the details," or do you not have any of them?

Joe

SAK

I think the S&W 500 performs a lot better than the S&P