• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Karma weirdness

Started by mvpel, February 18, 2007, 11:41 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

mvpel

I noticed that the Karma score for CNHT dropped from somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 to about 90 now, within something like a day or two if I'm remembering correctly.

It seemed strange to me that there would be enough users logged in over the course of such a short period of time, such that nearly 100 of them would read CNHT's posts and all use their one-per-day smite on that one account.

Is there some sort of bug with the karma system, or is this forum more thickly populated with cranky people than I realized?

NC2NH

Hmm... definitely something screwy going on here. Thanks for the heads-up, mvpel.

From Google's cache, I see CNHT's karma was 152 on February 15th.

???

Dreepa

I *think* that certain people with certain powers can do karma in blocks of ten.......

Russell Kanning

I sometimes hit people for each good or bad post ....  I don't have to wait for a day to pass. :)

I haven't done anything good or bad for mvpl

Lloyd Danforth

Jane

Tom Sawyer

I bet it was voter fraud... union toughs from Mass.

Kat Kanning

Friday

error

Forum nazis can change the karma numbers to whatever excites them.

[attachment deleted by admin]

mvpel

So was this a case of a petulant admin using karma superpowers to punish CNHT for challenging their perception of the NHfree.com heterodoxy on some issue, or a bug in the karma system?

Is my karma score 15 out of 631 posts because I advocated the use of military force to liberate the people of Iraq from a brutal tyrant, thereby offending someone with karma superpowers?

error

KBCraig

Quote from: mvpel on February 20, 2007, 09:31 AM NHFT
So was this a case of a petulant admin using karma superpowers to punish CNHT for challenging their perception of the NHfree.com heterodoxy on some issue

Wouldn't be the first time.

Quantrill

I think people (like myself) who aren't "true" Libertarians or Anarchists are frowned on.  I guess you'd call me a Conservative Libertarian if you had to use some label ( I just consider myself a Constitutionalist).  I'm anti-war but think a strong defensive military is necessary.  No use in having our troops overseas, but we should definitely have a military to help protect this country (i.e the whole "2nd Amendment" thing).

I use to complain about smiting, especially when I felt I was making valid points, but in the grand scheme of things it means nothing.  Probably 98% of the people here agree on most issues so who cares if there are a few issues we disagree on.  If we ever get to the Libertarian utopia, I will definitely not complain.  But we gotta get where I'd prefer to go before we get there - Once we reduce gov't, reduce taxes, more privacy, etc... then I'll let everyone else worry about "land-based economic rent" or "completely open borders with no exceptions".

:bus:

CNHT

As Mike said only a board op with a temper could have done that, in the space of a few minutes, knocking it down by 100 points.

It was probably over an anti-Hillary post.

There are people on here who really do prefer the unions and can't imagine they would ever do anything wrong.

Raineyrocks

I enjoy giving +karma to people, it makes me happy!  I don't smite anyone because I just feel like everyone is entitled to whatever they want to write or think.
I've been in disagreements on the board but I'm I'd rather write how I feel or defend myself than smite someone, my opinion of course, but I  think smiting brings negativity to a really great forum.

As far as Jane I'm always karmaing (word?) her, she's great, I think! :)