• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Coming for Liberty Forum...

Started by Pres. Of Vincentia, February 19, 2007, 11:46 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pres. Of Vincentia

and bringing the wife.

She is a libertarian as well but is not as stoked as I am on the FSP.  She said she would think about joining if she likes NH.  I am not too worried about work (she can always commute to Boston if she can't find anything in the area we move to...wherever that would be).

However, we will be staying in NH through Monday night so that we have some time to explore southern NH.

So my question is, where do we go?  I know that NH isn't some tourist town or anything, but does anyone have any ideas about how to fill up two days and show my wife how "nice" NH is?  My ability to move to NH may hang in the balance!

We will be in the Concord/Manchester area, but have a car and would be willing to drive a little.  Not to Northern NH or anything though.

earthhaven

Lloyd Danforth

Ohhh!   We got a new president!

Welcome.   Actually, NH has a lot of 'tourist towns'   ;D

If you can't get to the Franconia Notch area,  very stunning, geographically, and/or want to stick to So. NH,  I would suggest, after visiting some towns near Concord and Manchester, try a circle taking either RT.9 or 101 to Keene and the other route back.  If time allows you might want to make the circle from Keene to Winchester over to Hinsdale and back up to Keene.
Route 9 is a 'sort of' limited access' highway and you have to take exits to visit towns like Henniker, Hillsboro, Antrim, Weare, Washington, Lemster, etc..  Some of rt 101 is that way, but, most of it is a secondary road going thru towns, like Marlborough, Peterboro, Dublin, Wilton, Amherst and Milford.

Dreepa

I would say drive from Concord to Keene on Rte 9.. stopping in nice tourist towns.
and then on your way back drive rte 101...

If you wife is going to work in Boston you will probably be moving to the southern part of the State... so you might as well check those areas out.

Also I am sure that people can help you out when you get here.
There will be a realtor at the Forum to give advice as well.

Rosie the Riveter

There is lots to see in the Merrimack Valley and the Seacost. You may want to drive South to North -- Nashua, Milford, Amherst, Bedford, Manchester, Hooksett, Pembroke/Allenstown, Concord then take route 4 east from Concord to the Seacoast/Portsmouth and then drive route 1A along the ocean. 

http://www.visitnh.gov/towns.html

http://www.manchestercvb.com/

Enjoy and I hope to meet you.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: Rosie the Riveter on February 19, 2007, 09:29 PM NHFT
There is lots to see in the Merrimack Valley and the Seacost. You may want to drive South to North -- Nashua, Milford, Amherst, Bedford, Manchester, Hooksett, Pembroke/Allenstown, Concord then take route 4 east from Concord to the Seacoast/Portsmouth and then drive route 1A along the ocean. 

When taking route 4 east, be sure to take 107 south and visit little Minnesota in Deerfield. We're at the intersection of 107 and 43.