• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Walmart scaling back gun sales in NH

Started by CNHT, February 22, 2007, 11:27 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

I don't know in a way it is kinda sad.

I can remember when Sears had an actual
sporting goods department, used to buys bricks of 22 ammo
there.

Course some folks here might be old enough to
remember buying  guns through the Sears catalog.

Sweet Mercury

Quote from: Pat K on February 24, 2007, 01:54 AM NHFT

there.

Ha, I haven't bought a gun yet, one day in the near future I plan on owning one or thirty. I'm also only in my 20's. When I think of where I would go purchase a gun, nothing like Wal-Mart or Sears comes to mind at all. I don't think that's abnormal, and Wal is likely responding to that trend. They can make up the money elsewhere, I'm sure.

maineiac

It ain't no thang ov-ah he-ah, either! Right down the street from Wally's is a big Dick's store that has more guns than you can shake a stick at. I can also think of at least one decent independent gun store within 10 minutes from here.

It's a non issue for me. I sold off all my guns back in '83 in order to buy an airline ticket! If I ever feel the need to buy more guns, it won't be through any "official" channels. ;)

Transition Force

You know, to be honest, I don't actually know whether I can or not. My stepmother told me that you can buy a handgun at 21, and rifles and stuff at 18, so that's what i've assumed the law is out here.

LiveFree

That would be correct, as far as federal law regulating buying from a dealer is concerned.

EJinCT

I think it's good; more potential sales for local firearms dealers.

I dont' shop at Wally-World or Dicks, ( such an apt name, IME) and I don't mind paying a little more to help support local business.

aries

Quote from: Pat K on February 24, 2007, 01:54 AM NHFT

there.

Look at the bright side - its a whole new world:

http://gunbroker.com/

That's where I bought my SKS. where you can't really find guns in catalogs... theyre on this (relatively) new media format

error

Quote from: aries on April 06, 2007, 03:05 AM NHFT

That's where I bought my SKS. where you can't really find guns in catalogs... theyre on this (relatively) new media format

Are there any FFL holders on this forum who would do these transfers?

powerchuter

Quote from: error on April 06, 2007, 03:16 AM NHFT
Quote from: aries on April 06, 2007, 03:05 AM NHFT

Are there any FFL holders on this forum who would do these transfers?

Riley's in Hooksett, NH will do FFL stuff for you for a nominal fee and I don't mind giving Ralph and his employees the business.  For the most part they are all good people.  The only thing I really object to is the building behind Riley's where the LEOs are "catered to"...  It only helps to perpetuate the myth that they have any authority or jurisdiction over anyone without aggressive force(which they don't...do the research!)