• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Chuck Geshlider

Started by joeyforpresident, February 22, 2007, 10:43 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

joeyforpresident

I'm just curious, but does anyone know Chuck Geshlider? I was recently informed that he's in the DFW area now looking to make a "prototype" city or something.

This person who informed me of Chuck G said that he lived in New Hampshire for a few months to try to do the same thing up there...

I met Chuck in 2002 when the Constitution Party had a strategy meeting (with a full-page ad) in Ellis County, where I live.

PS: I'll be in NH from March 11 - 15. My plane arrives in Manchester at 12:05 a.m. (I've got the ticket, so all of you now know that I'm serious this time)

Kat Kanning

I've met few people I've disliked as much as Chuck Geshlider.  >:(

joeyforpresident

Well, I hired Chuck to manage my Waxahachie City Council campaign.

It's the best investment you could ever get in the form of managing a campaign...not only that, but I'm getting over the fear of pretty much everything (and learning not to be so shy).

NEWS RELEASE
Contact Christine Bottles
972-891-2135
cbottles@gmail.com

<b>SAGU girl alleges being propositioned by candidate's campaign manager</b>

WAXAHACHIE - The campaign manager for two Southwestern Assemblies of God University student City Council candidates was ordered to leave campus after a female student brought forth allegations that he tried propositioning her Monday to date one of the candidates, former <i>Ellis County Press</i> reporter Joey Dauben.

Dauben, 26, and 18-year-old Andrew Endahl are freshmen at SAGU, and are running for Waxahachie City Council in the May 12 elections.

Chuck Geshlider, 52, the campaign manager hired to organize the two contests, was approached by Waxahachie Police Officer Mike Lewis and campus security Thursday night after school officials called Dauben and notified him of the allegations.

The "dates" were to be used as fundraisers, said Geshlider, who is a member of the Constitution Party, which bills itself as the nation's only pro-life political party.

"I was polling students Monday to see if we could raise funds for Joey's campaign," Geshlider said, noting that Endahl had not entered the race until Thursday," he said. "The school did the same thing last week with a diversity club by auctioning off male student dates. The money went to a great cause.

"I don't know what this girl's problem was. It was blown way out of proportion. We had a great conversation with the students about the pro-life movement and the campaign, and we strategized on ways to raise money. Not only that, but the theological discussions were very educational. There are some brilliant minds on that campus."

Police and campus security did not reveal the name of the individual who brought forth the complaint.

Dauben, a veteran reporter who wrote for the ECP from November 2001 to 2005, and who publishes <a href="http://www.elliscountyobserver.com">The Ellis County Observer</a> news blog, was with Geshlider at the school's Student Center when the conversations took place.

"Look, I'm shy at first, and Chuck was with the campaign team working on strategy when a few fellow students sat next to us in the coffee shop, so he tried to win the campaign support by asking if the girls would agree to a date for the campaign. It was strictly a friendly thing.

"We're making pro-life a huge issue in this race. The fact we have a Planned Parenthood in our backyard disgusts hundreds of students, and we need money to fund the campaigns," Dauben said "Our school did the same thing just last week, so we are figuring out innovative ways to spread the word that Ellis County will not tolerate abortion, or the referrals by PP staff to abortion clinics."

As a member of the newly formed Texas Right to Life chapter in Ellis County, Dauben said he would help organize the pro-life movement, as well as organize the campaign to bring awareness to those issues. But he said that with this incident, the campaign might have suffered a black eye.

"I'll admit the campaign is controversial to start with, I'll admit I do a lot of things to provoke people, but this is one time where a situation was taken totally out of context." The students Dauben met with all registered to vote as well, he said.

Geshlider, meanwhile, was given a criminal trespass warning and told to leave the campus until administration officials cleared him to come back. Dauben and Endahl were scheduled to meet Friday with school officials to ask for that permission.

Campus security told the all-student campaign, which was meeting in Dauben's dorm room at the time the police visited, that all visitors must check in before being allowed on campus.

"I honestly did not know we had to check visitors in, I mean, the Student Center and the coffee shop are opened to the public, and we found it quieter in the dorm to discuss our strategy, but this was just a huge misunderstanding.

"Andrew and I are going to mount an issue-based campaign that focuses on first and foremost, the protection of innocent life, and we are going to build this to where people are involved.

Dauben, a Midlothian High School graduate and a past candidate for school board there, is no stranger to election controversy. In a 2005 run for U.S. Congress against Joe Barton, the marketing major made national headlines when he tried soliciting campaign cash in exchange for dates with single women.

"I know I'm a lightning rod, and my methods aren't orthodox or politically correct, but if no one stands up for anything moral and decent, we're all just cookie-cutter clones who can't think for ourselves. But I won't have my campaign tarnished because of a misunderstanding."

--30--

Kat Kanning

davemincin

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 23, 2007, 04:42 AM NHFT
I've met few people I've disliked as much as Chuck Geshlider.  >:(

I recall him coming to NH shortly after the vote.  He did a terrific job
of alienating the few freestaters here at the time, as well as any local
freedom folks he came in contact with.

Fortunately he found zero support, and promptly moved on.  Screaming
and shouting as we fondly watched him disappear. ;D

I find I'm in total agreement Kat. :)

Vote Tyler Stearns

Joey, I just don't get you...

Kat Kanning

I guess he wants a total shyster for a campaign manager.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: malevil on February 23, 2007, 09:08 AM NHFT
Joey, I just don't get you...
I get him. I just don't like what I see.

Tom Sawyer

joeyforpresident

Too bad I had to learn about it the hard way.

I don't know how many people have come up to me after meeting and talking with Chuck telling me that they were so turned off and alienated to support my campaign or the pro-life movement in Ellis County, but there were at least a dozen.

His promises are empty -- he tries to control people he's working with to carry out his plans.

Not that everything he's done is bad. Not at all. He's got some great talents, but Chuck is the type of person to keep behind the behind the scenes.

Now he's talking about "pulling the plug on Ellis County" because nobody can work with him. The chairman of the new Constitution Party affiliate has resigned due to this.

Meanwhile, I made my hotel reservations in Brattleboro, so I'll be arriving at Manchester's airport on March 11.

joeyforpresident

KBCraig

Quote from: joeyforpresident on March 04, 2007, 06:24 AM NHFT

Too bad I had to learn about it the hard way.

Well, you always had the option of listening to the people who were advising you to stay far away.  :-\

joeyforpresident

I would like to publicly apologize to the Kannings and to anyone who gave me prior warning about Chuck Geshlider - because I have for-sure learned my lesson with this guy.

In fact, I've set up two Web sites with only one goal in mind: to make sure that nobody makes the mistakes I made in hiring, trusting, rooming and working with Geshlider.

He goes by Louis Charles in Internet discussion groups. The two sites:

www.chuckgeshlider.com

www.akalouischarles.com

They're crappy sites, but it was a disaster having him come back to Ellis County earlier this year. I do apologize to those who tried warning me but to no avail.

My lessons cost me a bunch of money, but I'm better for it because I can ensure that no other right-minded candidate or organization will have to put up with this guy.

Kat Kanning

Sorry you had to learn the hard way.  :-\

David

This is not the guy who goes by the name Zack Bass is it?