• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Porcupine House or Porcupine Acres

Started by Russell Kanning, February 26, 2007, 03:22 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

It is not so important that many should be as good as you, as that there be some absolute goodness somewhere; for that will leaven the whole lump. There are thousands who are in opinion opposed to slavery and to the war, who yet in effect do nothing to put an end to them; who, esteeming themselves children of Washington and Franklin, sit down with their hands in their pockets, and say that they know not what to do, and do nothing; who even postpone the question of freedom to the question of free-trade, and quietly read the prices-current along with the latest advices from Mexico, after dinner, and, it may be, fall asleep over them both. What is the price-current of an honest man and patriot to-day? They hesitate, and they regret, and sometimes they petition; but they do nothing in earnest and with effect. They will wait, well disposed, for others to remedy the evil, that they may no longer have it to regret. At most, they give only a cheap vote, and a feeble countenance and Godspeed, to the right, as it goes by them. There are nine hundred and ninety-nine patrons of virtue to one virtuous man; but it is easier to deal with the real possessor of a thing than with the temporary guardian of it.

Russell Kanning

we could have a "patrons of virtue" program. :)

"They know wot what to do" .... we can give them something. :)

Caleb

count me in for up to $200 per month.

Tom Sawyer

I will commit to labor (at the minimum).

Russell Kanning

Maybe I need to start threads in the region section about each potential project and the details so people can hop on certain buildings. :)

Pat K

Lloyd Danforth

Russell Kanning

... sure there is demand.
People around here pay $100+ a week for lodging. We can do it for the same ... and you can like your roomies.
We are also talking about land with houses.

All religions are man-made. :)

Russell Kanning

I am asking who is interested in these projects. Some people are ... some people are not.
If you think our idea is not realistic, please leave us to our fantasy. Some of us are quite happy doing what others think is impossible. :)

Russell Kanning

Caleb, Tom Sawyer, Fac, Tackle, Ithaca, Slim, quan, error, puke, livefree, lloyd .... all have some sort of interest in these projects

Lloyd Danforth

How do you know what my interest are?

Russell Kanning

I read your posts.

Have I gotten it wrong?

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 02, 2007, 07:08 AM NHFT
I read your posts.

Have I gotten it wrong?

Lets see:
I got Pat up in a tree
I suggested liberating Pisgah rather than investing funds on property one plans to put at risk due to not paying taxes
I complemented  Pat's good taste in beer, thus denigrating Jim's and Roger's ;D

Russell Kanning

How about we start about 3 project threads (house, acres, pisgah)?

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 02, 2007, 08:14 AM NHFT
How about we start about 3 project threads (house, acres, pisgah)?

Pisgah is a consideration for the future.

Partly related to the topic here is an interesting rent coming up I would be happy to do a third of, or, half.
http://nh.craigslist.org/apa/280663344.html