• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Porcupine House or Porcupine Acres

Started by Russell Kanning, February 26, 2007, 03:22 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

I am willing to "invest" my labor to house Porcs in the Shire.

If we can get people to help spread the financial risk it would be a better deal than flushing money down the rent "toilet".

People can organize all the conferences with power speeches and it won't come anywhere close to the attention of one resisting property. Even if in the end the "man" gets the property we get something for our efforts... years of attention and housing for newly arriving compatriots. Plus a hell of alot of fun.

If Russell and others can go to jail I figure I can do construction, drink beer and build bonfires. ;D

Russell Kanning

I couldn't agree more.
That Tom Sawyer could talk me into paintin' a fence.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 02, 2007, 09:22 AM NHFT

If we can get people to help spread the financial risk it would be a better deal than flushing money down the rent "toilet".

People can organize all the conferences with power speeches and it won't come anywhere close to the attention of one resisting property. Even if in the end the "man" gets the property we get something for our efforts... years of attention and housing for newly arriving compatriots. Plus a hell of alot of fun.

If Russell and others can go to jail I figure I can do construction, drink beer and build bonfires. ;D

Maybe you get years. Maybe they concentrate on our radical asses and start the auction the day after the first check doesn't arrive ;D

I too will provide my labor and expertise and drink Pat's beer and sit around fires.  Its just that I could die any decade now and I don't want to risk the limited funds I have.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Lloyd 'Posterboy' Danforth on March 02, 2007, 09:52 AM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 02, 2007, 09:22 AM NHFT

Maybe you get years. Maybe they concentrate on our radical asses and start the auction the day after the first check doesn't arrive ;D

I too will provide my labor and expertise and drink Pat's beer and sit around fires.  Its just that I could die any decade now and I don't want to risk the limited funds I have.

Maybe the proprietor would rent you a room until you find your homestead. :)

citizen_142002

I'd be willing to help you guys out anyway I can, but this is going to be a big financial loss. There is not going to be a groundswell of support for you not paying property taxes. Most people think you should pay them and they won't bat an eyelash when you get evicted.
This really might generate more public backlash than its worth. Most people I've spoken to are in support of or indifferent to taking on the IRS and the ICE guys, but when you refuse local property tax, most people aren't going to feel to bad when the town takes your property. They will do so in 3 years or less, maybe just one if you never pay at all. So no matter how you look at it, there is a big financial loss, and I don't think it will do much constructive.

Personally I think the 'almost porc acres' idea is more sensible at the moment. But do what moves you.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: wholetthedogin? on March 02, 2007, 09:54 AM NHFT
Okay here it is for the entrepreneur.  5 unit on main drag in Berlin.  Existing laundromat(closed) additional storefront with a 1bedroom, 2 bedroom and four bedroom above.  $90k owner financed at 8% simple interest with a five year balloon.  Breathe some life back up there.   I have had no takers and what you are talking about doing may be affordable to do in Berlin if you wanted to live there.  
That is a possibility. I am mostly looking around our area, but we could also tackle other places as well. If anyone like the Berlin idea, just pipe up and we can start discussing it. Dog ... could you start a thread about this property in the north woods section of this forum?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: citizen_142002 on March 02, 2007, 12:15 PM NHFT
I'd be willing to help you guys out anyway I can, but this is going to be a big financial loss.
Sometimes things work out better than you think.

If you give in to the government .... there are big financial losses.
25-50% of your income
1-4% of your (government assessed) house value every year
inflation if you hold their money

I support the Browns refusal to pay income taxes (and do likewise) and they are risking much to stand up to "the man".
If a slave never leaves the plantation (and risks being shot as he leaves), then he is never free.

error

So no matter how you look at it, there is a big financial loss, and I don't think it will do much constructive.

That's how you look at it.

It's not really your property if you have to pay rent to someone else in order to keep it, now is it?

For the government to come in and seize such a property would vividly demonstrate this for all to see.

Russell Kanning

... or for the government to not come seize the property.

There is a gang of bullies in the middle of towns like winchester. Does it seem better to pay those bullies 4% of your house a year or to spend your money the way you wish? Which one of those choices will help your neighbors be free to choose? :)

Tom Sawyer

I'd be willing to help you guys out anyway I can, but this is going to be a big financial loss. There is not going to be a groundswell of support for you not paying property taxes. Most people think you should pay them and they won't bat an eyelash when you get evicted.
This really might generate more public backlash than its worth. Most people I've spoken to are in support of or indifferent to taking on the IRS and the ICE guys, but when you refuse local property tax, most people aren't going to feel to bad when the town takes your property. They will do so in 3 years or less, maybe just one if you never pay at all. So no matter how you look at it, there is a big financial loss, and I don't think it will do much constructive.

Personally I think the 'almost porc acres' idea is more sensible at the moment. But do what moves you.

Nick any anecdotal info on the length of time and process that they attempt to take property would be very valuable...

I think moving forward and accessing as you advance is the best strategy... as opposed to sitting back at the base trying to plan the perfect way to move forward. Start off with the best guesses you can make and adapt to the situation. I don't think the support of the townfolk is even a deal breaker... everyone will want to see the drama unfold.

Russell Kanning

Some guys in Keene have said that no one has had their house seized in memory. Maybe they all just sell.
It sounds like some people have lost their houses or land in Winchester. Maybe we should contact these people and let them tell their story in our paper.

Pat K

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 02, 2007, 07:05 AM NHFT
Caleb, Tom Sawyer, Fac, Tackle, Ithaca, Slim, quan, error, puke, livefree, lloyd .... all have some sort of interest in these projects

Hey Windmill boy. Did you not see my
Post, I said Beer, you should know by now
That when I say beer I am serious.

error

Russell Kanning

The tree house idea is good for many locations and especially our homesteading of Pisgah. We can have a cooler at the bottom.