• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Hersh: Bush Administration Conducting ?Very Aggressive? Special Operations Insid

Started by Raineyrocks, February 28, 2007, 08:02 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

mvpel

Good, maybe this will mean there won't have to be a nuclear war in the Middle East.

eques

Ugh.

Quote from: mvpel on February 28, 2007, 08:19 AM NHFT
Good, maybe this will mean there won't have to be a nuclear war in the Middle East.

I'm trying to think of an analogy to this absurdity, but it's proving difficult.

Maybe it's like taking a grizzly bear, removing its teeth, and daring it to attack.

mvpel

So are you saying that nuclear weapons in the hands of Iran, which is already smuggling weapons into Iraq for use against US troops and innocent Iraqis, is something of little import and unworthy of significant concern?

Caleb

Quote from: mvpel on May 10, 2007, 01:56 PM NHFT
So are you saying that nuclear weapons in the hands of Iran, which is already smuggling weapons into Iraq for use against US troops and innocent Iraqis, is something of little import and unworthy of significant concern?

yes

eques

Wow, how did you even find this reply?  ;)

Death and destruction at the hands of men is never of little import and it is worthy of great concern.

I have a hard time cheering "our" side on as "our" side has been the aggressor in every which way short of outright invasion for decades now.

It's not that I think that Ahmadinejad or his lackeys are terribly likely to back down if the pressure is taken off.  A lot of things would need to happen for him to do that voluntarily.

It's an incredibly ugly situation, and I can cheer neither side.  It is not good for US troops to be there, nor is it good for Iran to have the bomb.  Neither side is "good!"  At the end of the day, those who orchestrate and posture will be at home with their families while hundreds of thousands--if not millions--of innocent men, women, and children will have perished at their hands.

Sometimes I think that it's too bad hell doesn't exist.  There would be a special place for Bush, Ahmadinejad, and their ilk.

eques

I would also like to add that there is a terrible, terrible cost being exacted upon us, socially speaking, for all of the young men and women who are deployed out there, bearing witness to horrors nobody should ever have to endure.  If they survive, it is the precious few who become healthy, functioning members of society.

I would rather have those troops home with their families, receiving medical and psychological treatment for the horrors they have endured, and hopefully, one day, contributing positively to our society instead of coming back, broken and battered by a state that doesn't give a fuck about them, me, or you.

Caleb

Ever heard of PTSD, mvpel? Then again, our 17 year old enlistees know what they're signing up for when we lure them with the carrot of paid tuition, right?  ::)

aworldnervelink

Do you have a reliable source of information demonstrating that Iran is in fact smuggling these weapons? It has already been discovered (and hushed up) that there are workshops within Baghdad making the IEDs that were claimed to be Iranian.

Dreepa

Hasn't the US smuggled weapons into:

Afghanistan to use against the Soviets and innocent Afghanis?
Nicaragua to use against the Sandinistas?

Didn't we sell weapons to Iran in the 80s?

error

Caleb

eques

I don't know about anybody else here, but I wasn't paying taxes then... my father was, however.

eques

Quote from: Dreepa on May 10, 2007, 08:24 PM NHFT
Hasn't the US smuggled weapons into:

Afghanistan to use against the Soviets and innocent Afghanis?
Nicaragua to use against the Sandinistas?

Didn't we sell weapons to Iran in the 80s?

No no no, you're getting things all wrong, the United States are the Good Guys!!  If they give weapons to bloodthirsty psychotics in far-flung regions of the globe, they must have some good reason!!!!!!!!!!!1

Dreepa

Everyone here has helped pay for it as everyone here pays taxes... yes even if you don't pay an income tax you:

Eat out?  Sales tax on prepared food... goes to NH State
Buy gas?  Gas tax... you don't think it all goes to the roads do you?
Buy anything?  Many of those companies pay tax... that tax goes to fund the US govt.