• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Hersh: Bush Administration Conducting ?Very Aggressive? Special Operations Insid

Started by Raineyrocks, February 28, 2007, 08:02 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Judge Learned Hand

"Anyone may arrange his affairs so that his taxes shall be as low as
possible"

Do they charge Excise Tax on used tires?

Dreepa

MaineShark

Quote from: Dreepa on May 11, 2007, 08:07 AM NHFTEveryone here has helped pay for it as everyone here pays taxes...

I don't know if "helped" is the right word.  Most people would take that to mean some level of willing consent.

I wouldn't describe a mugging victim as having "helped" the mugger buy drugs.

Joe

KBCraig

Quote from: Dreepa on May 10, 2007, 08:24 PM NHFT
Didn't we sell weapons to Iran in the 80s?

No, it was the '70s. In the '80s, we had a little diplomatic issue with them concerning our embassy and some hostages. Not to mention, the Iran-Iraq war began in 1980, and we were on Saddam's side in that conflict.

We sold 79 F-14 Tomcats to Iran in 1976. It was an order for 80, along with 700+ Phoenix missiles, spare parts and upgrades for 12 years, etc. Then they had a revolution that wasn't so friendly to the U.S., and the last plane was embargoed along with most of the extras. The planes we sold them had the full hardware complement, but crippled avionics software. Iran was the only foreign customer for the planes, and is still flying F-14s even after they've been retired from the U.S. Navy. Any upgrades or maintenance in the last 28 years have been reverse-engineered and/or assisted by the former Soviet Union.

At least 12 of the original 79 are known to have been lost in combat and accidents. Given the normal duty cycle and dearth of replacement parts, it's unlikely that Iran ever has more than 10-12 operational F-14s.

Buddy of mine is a retired USMC Major and Grumman test pilot. He was the RIO on the last Tomcat to leave the factory. I know most of this only because he does tend to go on at length. ;) He's still bitter that the Tomcat was retired while it still had total superiority over the F/A-18 "Whore-nut", as he calls the replacement.

Kevin

Caleb

Quote from: KBCraig on May 11, 2007, 11:00 PM NHFT

No, it was the '70s. In the '80s, we had a little diplomatic issue with them concerning our embassy and some hostages. Not to mention, the Iran-Iraq war began in 1980, and we were on Saddam's side in that conflict.

::)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran-Contra_Affair

Dreepa

Quote from: Caleb on May 12, 2007, 08:31 AM NHFT

That is exactly what I meant. 

lastlady

Quote from: mvpel on May 10, 2007, 01:56 PM NHFT
So are you saying that nuclear weapons in the hands of Iran, which is already smuggling weapons into Iraq for use against US troops and innocent Iraqis, is something of little import and unworthy of significant concern?

And where do you get this information? The same media outlets that LIE all day long for the globalists agenda? Please tell me you don't believe such things.

Caleb

Quote from: Dreepa on May 15, 2007, 06:31 PM NHFT
Quote from: Caleb on May 12, 2007, 08:31 AM NHFT

That is exactly what I meant. 

I know. Apparantly it slipped KB's mind

Pat K

Yeah Ronnie's memory of it was not to clear either at the time.  ;D

Dreepa

KBCraig

Quote from: Caleb on May 15, 2007, 11:11 PM NHFT
I know. Apparantly it slipped KB's mind

It did, actually. I thought the reference was to official, above-board sales.