• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Questions about property in Strafford and Rockingham Counties

Started by Raineyrocks, February 28, 2007, 08:11 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

I have been doing alot of real estate searches and the taxes and property prices seem so high for these counties, is there a more affordable area that any knows of in these counties?

My husband's job is too far away from where we live now and we're trying to see if we can get a cheaper mortgage and be closer to his job.  Also I am probraly going to be homeschooling my kids next year and want them to be around lots of homeschool activities, it seems there's more going on for homeschoolers in these areas.

Russell Kanning

MaineShark

Northwood is pretty reasonable.  I think the mil rate is between 16 and 17.

The value of properties varies widely, due to the lakes.  If you're not looking for waterfront, you can get some pretty good deals.

Denise and I are planning on homeschooling, at least until high school.  If you are in the right areas of Northwood (typically, the western side), then Coe Brown Academy is actually the school where the town sends kids, rather than the public school (which is too small).  So, even if we do send him to school at that point, he'd be going to a private school, not a public school.

Joe

Raineyrocks

Quote from: MaineShark on February 28, 2007, 05:51 PM NHFT
Northwood is pretty reasonable.  I think the mil rate is between 16 and 17.

The value of properties varies widely, due to the lakes.  If you're not looking for waterfront, you can get some pretty good deals.

Denise and I are planning on homeschooling, at least until high school.  If you are in the right areas of Northwood (typically, the western side), then Coe Brown Academy is actually the school where the town sends kids, rather than the public school (which is too small).  So, even if we do send him to school at that point, he'd be going to a private school, not a public school.

Joe

I'll check it out, thanks Joe!   :)