• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Sticker Shock

Started by Quantrill, February 25, 2007, 11:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Quantrill

HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION -

I wonder what would've happened if someone took a bunch of those liberty-oriented stickers that were for sale this weekend (i.e.  "Orwell said it would be this way" or "Your papers please!  REAL ID coming soon...") and mistakenly placed those stickers on the bumpers of pols' cars one day at the state Capitol. 

IF something like this happened, what would one be charged with?  Vandalism?  People always put flyers on windshields.  Could you get away with putting freedom-loving stickers on the car of local Officer Friendly/Honorable Judge Whoever?   

Just wondering...
:icon_pirat:

penguins4me

If you've ever tried to get a bumper sticker OFF a car, you'd know without a doubt that it would be considered vandalism to have someone else put one on your car.

KBCraig

Ditto. Very bad PR, on top of being vandalism.

John

Quote from: Quantrill on February 25, 2007, 11:36 PM NHFT
People always put flyers on windshields.

I think flyers would be much better.  Maybe include a sticker for there use - if they chose.

Kat Kanning

What would be the purpose?  To change their minds about something?

Russell Kanning

waste of a good bumper sticker

aries

Put a "Smoking kills! Thanks for voting to ban it!" sticker

or maybe a generic "Vote yes on the next new law!"

d_goddard

Quote from: KBCraig on February 26, 2007, 02:11 AM NHFT
Ditto. Very bad PR, on top of being vandalism.

Double-ditto.
Kinda like the Dems stealing all the "W" keys off the white house computers when they had to clear out.
Destructive behavior only gives your enemies something to club you with.

shuvom

AND that would have defeated the entire honor system of sticker purchase I had set up for that table! 

FYI, Llalania and I did the math Sunday, and as near as we can tell, we had 100% honesty in terms of stickers taken vs. money (and liberty dollars) put into the box.  The book "Freakonomics" made me expect about 85%, which is what happened when they did that with bagels in office buildings.  Thanks for proving again that liberty-minded folks are more honest than the general public! 

Shuvom

Russell Kanning

voluntary pricing works again

we will be doing it at porcfest in a couple of ways .... also letting poor people pay nothing and let the rich guys show their generosity. :)

Quantrill

Ok, bad idea.  Sorry.  I guess only people with a dry sense of humor like myself would find this situation amusing.

Awhile back I saw a D.A.R.E. cop car driving with a N.O.R.M.L. sticker on the rear bumper.  I couldn't stop laughing for probably 5 minutes.  There is no way the cop put that there.  The irony of the situation was hilarious to me.  I guess if I saw Sylvia Larsen or some other pol driving with an "Orwell said this would happen" sticker on her rear bumper I wouldn't be able to contain myself.

Ok, on to some more brainstorming...
:icon_pirat:

KBCraig

Quote from: Quantrill on February 27, 2007, 09:59 PM NHFT
Awhile back I saw a D.A.R.E. cop car driving with a N.O.R.M.L. sticker on the rear bumper.  I couldn't stop laughing for probably 5 minutes.

Ah, but putting stickers on government vehicles... that's altogether different! They're a good target.

Russell Kanning