• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ouchie on gas prices lately

Started by Kat Kanning, April 01, 2005, 04:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Pat K

I just paid 2.20 on the way to work.

Serves me right for not already being  in NH.

Kat Kanning

Dreepa

I can't wait to move... $2.42 is what I paid last week.  :'(

Kat Kanning

Dreepa

and I was in Hawaii two weeks ago and paid $2.60!!

Kat Kanning

More ouchie!

Hey I used to live in El Granada.  San Francisco, too...up on Russian Hill.

Lloyd Danforth

Kat, What kind of mileage do you get in those little Rice Burners you guys have 25-30 MPG?
I'm lucky to get 10 in my 3 ton picture window. :'(

Kat Kanning

Something like that.  Those cars are great with sushi, too.

Pat K

KBCraig

A big part of the difference in gas prices from one state to another is the difference in taxes. What's the tax in NH?

I believe in Texas we're paying $0.438 per gallon in total state and federal fuel taxes (there's a sticker on the pumps stating the rate, but I haven't noticed lately if it's changed).

Prices here are running $2.039 to $2.109 for regular unleaded. It's up to a nickel higher in the small surrounding towns. But speaking of smaller towns, a week ago I paid $1.999 (using my $0.03/gal Wal Mart discount) here at home, then drove through a small town in Arkansas about 60 miles away. Every station in town was selling for $1.869! On my way back through later that day, it had dropped another $0.02, so I squeezed $13 worth into the van. The price war was due to the newly-constructed Wal Mart Supercenter opening its gas station. So again I whipped out my Wal Mart Shopping Card (a pre-paid card), took the discount, and bought gas for $1.819.  ;D

I talked to someone last night who said prices there have crept up slightly to about $1.949. Still: ahhhhh, competition!

Kevin

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

I notice gas is 7-10 cents cheaper, in NH, on average, then CT. I know the cig tax is always going up in CT, but, $1.51!  Cigs cost .50 a pack when I quit.

Michael Fisher

Global Gas Prices
http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/global_gasprices/

"The main factor in price disparities between countries is government policy..."