• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ouchie on gas prices lately

Started by Kat Kanning, April 01, 2005, 04:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: mvpel on September 11, 2005, 08:42 AM NHFT
I've noticed that there sure are a lot of communists on the NewHampshireGasPrices.com message boards.? Seems like every other day there's a thread screaming for price controls and government takeovers of refineries.

yea ..... not a great place to hang out :-\

KBCraig

Well, Texarkana has passed that great psychological barrier... we've dropped below $2/gallon!

On my way home after work, I noticed that Wal Mart (Murphy USA) has a posted price of $2.029. With the $0.03/gallon shopping card discount, that makes the price $1.999. Wooo-hooo!  ;D

Kevin

Russell Kanning

Otosan

down to $2.13 here in lovely 10ec......will it go below $2 ??   can only hope

KBCraig

Sam's and Wal Mart are down to $1.969 as of 11/5... at this rate, we might be able to actually afford our trip to NH next summer!

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning

Every time we've gone to Concord or Manchester area lately, the gas has been much higher.  Russell commented on it to a gas station attendant today, and the guy told him that some new environmental policy went into effect over there and is causing the price of gas to be raised around .20/gallon.

mvpel

Quote from: katdillon on June 13, 2006, 12:50 PM NHFT
Every time we've gone to Concord or Manchester area lately, the gas has been much higher.  Russell commented on it to a gas station attendant today, and the guy told him that some new environmental policy went into effect over there and is causing the price of gas to be raised around .20/gallon.
Ethanol instead of MTBE, perhaps?

Pat K

KBCraig

Russell Kanning

BillyC

Quote from: russellkanning on September 11, 2005, 09:46 AM NHFT
Quote from: mvpel on September 11, 2005, 08:42 AM NHFT
I've noticed that there sure are a lot of communists on the NewHampshireGasPrices.com message boards.  Seems like every other day there's a thread screaming for price controls and government takeovers of refineries.

yea ..... not a great place to hang out :-\

I agree, we need more competition and less government interference.

But looking at who is in charge of our Government and where their history and loyalties lie!
Bush = oil
Cheney= oil
Rice = oil

They all were and still are tied to big oil.

Big oil = American government.
So asking Government to intervene in gas prices is redundant.

mvpel

Quote from: BillyC on July 15, 2006, 07:36 AM NHFTSo asking Government to intervene in gas prices is redundant.
The last time government intervened in gas prices, with rationing, "excess profit" taxes, and so on we had shortages, sky high prices, and gas lines around the block, as oil companies were disincentivized from expanding production and developing new supplies.

If you resent the oil companies' profits, go out and find and refine your own crude oil, or convert a diesel car to run on waste vegetable oil, or build a biodiesel still.

d_goddard

... and then there are those of us smug bastards driving hybrid electric vehicles.
Over the 5 years I've owned my Honda Insight, (total miles driven) divided by (total gallons pumped in) is 60.1 MPG.