• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ouchie on gas prices lately

Started by Kat Kanning, April 01, 2005, 04:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

mvpel

The best place in Merrimack is Al Prime Energy, on DW Highway just south of the central firehouse.

They've been at $2.219 for 93 octane for the last several days.

Classic Gas, just a bit north, is about two cents more, but they offer full serve for that price, and are routinely cheaper than the Mobil station on the corner.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on April 01, 2005, 07:32 PM NHFT
Kat, What kind of mileage do you get in those little Rice Burners you guys have 25-30 MPG?
I'm lucky to get 10 in my 3 ton picture window. :'(

40 mpg coming back from PA...inclucing driving in downtown Philadelphia and windling along the Delaware River to get home.  It's got 220,000 miles on it too.

mvpel

We get a pretty steady 30-32 freeway mileage from our delightful 5-year-old Acura 3.2TL.

Scott Roth

Just paid 2.17 a gallon in Peterborough.

Pat K

SethCohn

Quote from: Dreepa on April 08, 2005, 08:20 PM NHFT
It might be a good idea if we could find a qualified mechanic to join the FSP and start a business converting diesels.
There are enough people there to support him already.

We already have an FSPer who has done this (and has and is doing it again now)... He lives in Concord....

Anyone interested in doing this, I can put you in touch.  Hopefully, he'll have a car you can ride in and see it in action soon.

Kat Kanning

I keep reading about record oil prices, but gas prices haven't gone up in Keene yet.

cathleeninnh

You are lucky. In the last week the prices here in Derry have gone from $2.29 to $2.41

Cathleen

DC

Quote from: katdillon on August 12, 2005, 09:13 AM NHFT
I keep reading about record oil prices, but gas prices haven't gone up in Keene yet.

Oil just hit $66.80 a barrel. They just raised the price to $2.45 here in Haverhill.They should raise the prices there soon if they havn't allready. Unleaded gas hit a record $2.00 in the spot market ( that is before shiping and taxes). Heating oil is at a record also.

Pat K

Russell Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Good article.  During the energy crunch of the 70's most experimentation and innovation concerning alternative energy was done by non-gov, non-corp, groups like colleges, Mother Earth News and people in their back yards.
Mechanics Illustrated Magazine offered plans for a little wedge shaped hybrid that got 75 miles to the gallon.

Russell Kanning

If you gave those kids $15,000 I bet they could build you a car. 8)

Pat McCotter

Quote from: russellkanning on August 21, 2005, 07:21 AM NHFT
my next car 8)

http://www.acpropulsion.com/tzero_pages/tzero_home.htm

Includes a range extender trailer with generator.

Trailer is also steerable, so stays straight when backing up. http://www.acpropulsion.com/Products/Range_extending_trailers.htm

And another idea:
http://www.mrsharkey.com/pusher.htm

Includes a "pusher trailer" - must see to understand

Russell Kanning

I am not much into the electric cars ... these guys seem to be going about it backwards ..... a diesel car with the added hybrid stuff makes more sense to me 8)