• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ouchie on gas prices lately

Started by Kat Kanning, April 01, 2005, 04:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: DC on August 25, 2005, 05:18 PM NHFT
Unless the government gets in the way. Hawaii is putting in price controles. Hello gas lines.

Goodbye gasoline in Hawaii.

Friday

Go fill your tank tonight! Don't wait until tomorrow!!   :o

Hurricane Katrina is expected to destroy the oil platforms in the Gulf of Mexico, as well as disrupt oil importation in that region. Oil futures are already skyrocketing. The price you can pay today won't be the price you can pay tomorrow.

AlanM

I'm guessing a 50 cent increase by Tuesday.

CNHT

Quote from: AlanM on August 28, 2005, 07:25 PM NHFT
I'm guessing a 50 cent increase by Tuesday.

Won't matter to me, I'm never leaving the house again anyway.  :-[

AlanM

This could get very bad. There is a huge refinery on the coast of LA also.

Lloyd Danforth

Interesting,  There was a rather poorly done docu-drama on one of the cable networks, where a devistating U.S. fuel  shortage begins when a hurricane strikes the Gulf Coast.

Kat Kanning

The hurricane must be a government conspiracy.

Kat Kanning

CNHT

Quote from: katdillon on August 28, 2005, 07:59 PM NHFT
The hurricane must be a government conspiracy.

Ed called from the road last night. He was leaving Charlesport, Louisiana and said it was a zoo due to people evacuating New Orleans for the hurricane. I think the storm has been downgraded slightly?

Lloyd Danforth

I went out last nighy and filled a can and my tank @ 2.62 a gallon.  As of 15 minutes ago that station hasn't raised their price yet.

polyanarch

$2.89 in Chicago and I got a deal.  Most gas stations are hovering around and over the $3 mark and creeping upwards all day...

Kat Kanning

KBCraig

I pulled in to gas up today, and the sign said $2.429, but when I got to the pump, it read $2.379.

And then while I was waiting for the attendant to reset the pump, it went up to $2.429. A nickel a gallon increase while the nozzle was in my tank!

Kevin