• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ouchie on gas prices lately

Started by Kat Kanning, April 01, 2005, 04:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CNHT

DC

Unleaded gas futures were up $0.36. If I add that to that to the $2.61 it was yesterday that would put the price at $2.97. The problem is the refineries that were shut down because oil wasn't up as much at around $70.

KBCraig

Quote from: KBCraig on August 29, 2005, 03:08 PM NHFT
I pulled in to gas up today, and the sign said $2.429, but when I got to the pump, it read $2.379.

And then while I was waiting for the attendant to reset the pump, it went up to $2.429. A nickel a gallon increase while the nozzle was in my tank!

And this morning, 18 hours later, it was up another dime, to $2.529, and when I filled up after lunch, it was $2.599; up $0.22 in about 30 hours.

But you know what? I've got a car, and a home, and all my family. I was checking out at Wal Mart today, and they have hurricane relief donation buckets at every counter. As I was putting away my purchases, I handed the clerk $10 and asked her to put it in the bucket for me.

The lady behind me in line said, "Thank you. That's for us."

We had a short chat, and I found out her husband is a NO police officer, and stayed behind, working. Their house (their neighborhood) is gone. Her nephew is a state trooper, and has been called down to begin body recovery. Everyone with a working flatbottom boat has been asked to report at assembly points to help with search, rescue, and recovery.

The worst of the storm missed NO, but all the water that fell north of there is now headed that way. It's going to get worse.

God bless them.

polyanarch

I pray for the living in NO who have to endure the hell they will have to live through for the next few weeks.  That comes from an atheist who doesn't pray.

I wonder if they will abandon the city proper as a museum and perhaps keep some of the business district.  Rebuilding would be stupid because the next storm would kill a  half million if it hit hard enough.  They were very lucky this time.  I hope they are smart enough to keep the next time from happening.

AlanM

Prices in Exeter ranged from 2.69-2.77 today. Our place is going to 2.89 tomorrow! The area manager said the wholesale price reached 3.00 this afternoon, but he won't raise prices more than 20 cents per day.

Pat K

They were rolling up new numbers on the sign on my way home 2.82 a gallon.

DC

Look out! gas futures up another $0.21. That would put gas at $3.20 if this holds.

DC

Update. Gas futures up $0.42 today.

New update. Gas futures only up $0.12 now.

A bit of trivia here. That was the largest daily trading range on gas futures in history.

DC

It reached the pumps now up here in Haverhill at $3.11. I bought my wood pellets today and they said they go up tomorrow.

mvpel

During our hour and a half at the optometrist today, the price of premium unleaded at the lowest-cost place in Merrimack, AL Prime, went from $2.76 to $2.99.

We filled up all our cars and our five-gallon lawnmower can two days ago, thankfully.

Friday

Quote from: DC on August 31, 2005, 02:52 PM NHFT
It reached the pumps now up here in Haverhill at $3.11. I bought my wood pellets today and they said they go up tomorrow.

What are wood pellets?

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Friday on August 31, 2005, 04:47 PM NHFT
Quote from: DC on August 31, 2005, 02:52 PM NHFT

What are wood pellets?

Pellet stoves are awesome!  I want one so badly, but I don't know if I can put one in my manufactured home.   :-\

Michael Fisher

Pat McCotter

AlanM