• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ouchie on gas prices lately

Started by Kat Kanning, April 01, 2005, 04:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

It looks like  competition is outlawed in Louisiana:

http://www.ktbs.com/news-detail.html?cityid=1&hid=25915

BATON ROUGE (AP) -- Even though the price of gasoline is at a record high, Louisiana Agriculture Commissioner Bob Odom wants to make sure no one is selling it too cheap.

Odom said he will shut down stations that drop pump prices below a 6 percent retail markup.

That decision is based on new rules set by his department under a mid-1900s law against unfair competition.

Odom has the support of the Louisiana Oil Marketers and Convenience Store Association, which represents about 2,700 stores and 110 gasoline sales middlemen in the state.

Pat K

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on April 02, 2005, 08:32 AM NHFT
I notice gas is 7-10 cents cheaper, in NH, on average, then CT. I know the cig tax is always going up in CT, but, $1.51!? Cigs cost .50 a pack when I quit.

Wow 50 cents huh and tell us about that 25cent picture show thing and 5 cent ice cream uncle Llyod.

Lloyd Danforth

Long before I started smoking, I remember movies for 35 cents, an ice cream sandwich was a nickle, good humor on a stick 10 cents, nickle cokes.  Of course I got about 25 cents a week allowance.  Butts were 25 cents a pack when I started smoking and 50 when I quit about 10 years later.
Commercial Mexican pot was $90 a pound when I got into that, but, my fondest memory was 1 ounce baggies of Jamacian Flowers that you couldn't  close the lid on, 15 bucks!.
sonny

Dreepa

Quote from: KBCraig on April 02, 2005, 01:24 PM NHFT
That decision is based on new rules set by his department under a mid-1900s law against unfair competition.

Forbid someone to sell something cheaper than the others!!

Russell Kanning

Sometimes the government doesn't even seem real...you can't lower your price too much ::)

Lloyd Danforth

Kat Kanning

Pat K

Kat Kanning

Wow!  New York gal's are cheap!   ;)

Pat K

Quote from: katdillon on April 03, 2005, 09:43 PM NHFT
Wow!? New York gal's are cheap!? ?;)

LoL now you know I ment 2.23 a gallon.

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Pat K on April 03, 2005, 10:59 PM NHFT
Wow!? New York gal's are cheap!? ?;)

Stinkin' Flatlander

.....I am working on my NH phrasologies

Pat K

Quote from: russellkanning on April 04, 2005, 07:49 PM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on April 03, 2005, 10:59 PM NHFT
Wow!  New York gal's are cheap!   ;)

Stinkin' Flatlander

.....I am working on my NH phrasologies

Smile when you say that mister.

2.25 today.

Kat Kanning

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on April 02, 2005, 04:20 PM NHFT
Long before I started smoking, I remember movies for 35 cents, an ice cream sandwich was a nickle, good humor on a stick 10 cents, nickle cokes.? Of course I got about 25 cents a week allowance.? Butts were 25 cents a pack when I started smoking and 50 when I quit about 10 years later.
Commercial Mexican pot was $90 a pound when I got into that, but, my fondest memory was 1 ounce baggies of Jamacian Flowers that you couldn't? close the lid on, 15 bucks!.
sonny

They've printed so much money over the past 30 years...  A car is now 600% more expensive on average than in the 1970s.  Our fiat money supply from 1970 has multiplied many, many times over since then.  It's truly frightening!