• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Cigar shop in Keene.

Started by Puke, March 07, 2007, 03:52 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreepa

Quote from: error on March 07, 2007, 08:16 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 07, 2007, 08:10 PM NHFT
We might not have enough people

That's why you also sell cigarettes and coffee and let people hang out and smoke.
And.... get the college kids involved... are there frats at KSU?  That is the way to get a large part of them in the door... have 'cheaper' cigars etc.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Dreepa on March 08, 2007, 10:37 AM NHFT
are there frats at KSU?
Actually it is KSC .... and they have plenty of frats. The school just bought and tore one down near the student center that was in really bad shape. :)

SpeedPhreak

Carring designer cigarettes would probably help out a lot... like cloves & herbals.

The coffee idea is good too.  I rarely smoke... but when I do I like a nice cigar (partagas are my favorite) or a nice pipe (smoking a "celtic pride" blend right now).  A pack of cloves will last me 6 months... an oz of loose will last about the same.  My humidor is a small desktop one that is always full (mostly because I dont smoke often enough).

Anyway.  not just big leather chairs (which my fav shop has) but couches & maybe even different rooms (so clove smokers don't "ruin" the whole place ;)).  Location is important... so is marketing.  You could have student deals, free wifi, etc... Maybe even a tobacco tour like local wine shops... where you educate customers on the finer points of finer tobacco & have samples (maybe not so easy w/cigars...) charge a discounted rate & they get a couple cigars from the region or brand you are educating about that day.  If you educate your customer they will then become a connoisseur instead of being intimidated (which I still am when I walk into a humidor.. some people are snobish about knowing so much).  Educate them, make them feel welcome, & give them a reason to come back & you will not only have customers but loyal ones.  Have etiquette classes.  If you don't have the customers... create them.  Everyone (especially college kids) likes to feel like the know something special or elite (you should see all the wine, vodka, scotch, "nerds" there are at a mid to upscale bar/lounge).

Having been involved w/biz success & (lots of) failure... you will never know unless you try & if you fail you can learn from it & try again... don't be a victim of analysis paralysis (always juggling the "what ifs")... do some research & then pull the trigger!

money dollars

Don't forget to sell blunt wraps. I can't believe how many of those things get sold.

SpeedPhreak

Quote from: money dollars on March 08, 2007, 03:58 PM NHFT
Don't forget to sell blunt wraps. I can't believe how many of those things get sold.

the people who produce those are making a killing.  I used to buy a smoker friend of mine a box of swishers for christmas & her bday every year... before they put these out... this would have been much easier.

Rosie the Riveter

I can advise on start-up, management, marketing and accounting and am always willing to donate a few hours to a friend. I sat next to you at lunch on Sat. at the LF therefore you are my friend. If you decide to go ahead with your idea feel free to get in touch with me.

error

Quote from: Rosie the Riveter on March 08, 2007, 09:22 PM NHFT
I sat next to you at lunch on Sat. at the LF therefore you are my friend.

Not too picky about your friends? ;D Just kidding.