• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Does anyone know of a legitimate way to make money and stay home?

Started by Raineyrocks, March 12, 2007, 10:20 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

I found this link on craigslist but they want a yearly membership fee.

Welcome to www.expresspaidsurveys.com 

Your Membership Includes:

Paid For Your Opinion
$10-S175 Per Hour!
Only at
www.ExpressPaidSurveys.com

Get Paid to...
Fill out simple 25-minute surveys! $10 - $75 Per Survey
Participate in focus groups
$50 - $125 Per Hour 
Surf the Internet - By The Minute 
Read email - By The E-mail 
Earn money from the comfort of your home! You Control Your Schedule! 

*** FREE BONUS ***
Paid Survey Software
Take surveys at the speed of light with this auto fill survey software!

Paid To Shop & Eat
$10-$40 Per Hour!
Only at
www.ExpressPaidSurveys.com

Get Paid to...
Go shopping!
Eat at restaurants!
Go to the movies!
Go to an amusement park!
Play golf!
Take a cruise!
Shop online!

Step 3 of 3 Complete Registration 

Don't Waste Another Second! 
Surveys Available In Every Country-
Become a V.I.P. member to get Full Database Access Today! An Unlimited Access membership to the ExpressPaidSurveys Database costs only $69.95 ...

39.95 1 Year Membership- Billed Once 
  24.95 3 Month Membership- Billed Once 

Order Unlimited V.I.P Access Today And ReceiveThe Following FREE: 
Get Paid To Drive Your Car Normally$29.95 Today FREE 
Get Paid To Pass Out Free Samples Normally$29.95 Today FREE 
Get Paid To Read Emails Normally$29.95 Today FREE 

Instant Access, Discreet Billing, Secure Procedure.

Pay with Credit Card or PayPal
No Hidden Charges.
You are NEVER BILLED Again.

No credit card? Pay by online check
(USA only For Checks)

Pay with Online Check
No Hidden Charges.
You are NEVER BILLED Again. 

This is a single time fee only. You will never be re-billed.
Purchase securely through Clickbank, our authorized sales agent.
Membership is for unlimited access to our site's resources.

eques

It tends to be the case that anything that requires a fee is actually somebody else out there making money while staying at home (or playing golf, or riding horses...).

Lex

If you have to pay to get paid it's a scam.

My wife did something like this but she didn't have to pay anything and got paid $5 for each questionaire. Then the company changed their website and it made things less convenient so she stopped doing it. (It was very easy money, but she only got like one or two questionaires to do per week so $10 a week isn't very motivating.)

But the easiest and most common way is to have your significant other make the money! ;)

Anyways, there aren't very many online jobs where no skills are required and the ones that exist pay very little. Your best bet, especially long term, is to acquire a skill you can practice at home and start your own business. Make stuff and sell it online. If you don't mind doing a little bit of traveling you can buy stuff at pawn shops or garage sales and then sell it online on ebay for a profit. A lot of these will require some upfront time and capital though (learning skills, buying bulk products and materials).

It really depends on what you want to do, how much money you want to make and how long you plan on doing it.

Quantrill

I was wanting to save this idea for myself but it'll be awhile before I could get something like this going:  Running a t-shirt biz.  It's not too difficult to do and there is the up-front cost of the equipment, but what a great business for liberty-minded people.  The slogans and designs are endless.  I assume many PORCs would gladly buy shirts from a PORC company and you can take orders from all over the country.

If anyone has some extra room ( a garage maybe?) and wants to print some shirts, let me know.  I have not checked into how many t-shirt companies are in NH...

Raineyrocks

Thanks everybody!  I figured it sounded too good to be true.

I tried selling things on Ebay a couple of years ago, I really didn't make that much.  I guess I'll stick to my original idea and try to write a book, I've always wanted to.

The T-shirt idea does sound good Quantrill, I wouldn't have a clue how to do it though.  I thought I had a real neat invention last year, making ceiling fan covers for the fan paddles in any design people wanted so I bought a book on patenting and was so excited.  Well I looked on Ebay and other sites and tons of people were already doing it.

I hate when I think up a "new" invention and then BOOM next thing you know someone else comes out with it!

Lloyd Danforth

A friend's parents had a little business custom silk screening Square Dancing clothing in the 50's.

I make some toys, pretty much all from wood.  I pick this up from time to time between stints of earning money.  I enjoy designing the jigs and fixtures for the machining and assembly processes and, to a lesser extent, the actual production.  Marketing has not been my forte.  I'm planning on improving that.  I'm hoping that I get busy enough to provide home 'piecework' , or, saleswork  for people like Rainey, but, don't hold your breath. 

I've recently found a new toy and having fun working out the processes.  All on paper as my shop is spread over a 5 mile radius.

I've also been going thru all of my big blue plastic storage tubs, each of which contains a 'factory' for an individual toy (the jigs and fixtures, materials, pre-assembled parts and tools for a given toy)  to see what I need to get back to making them. 
One of them has to look like an old time wood cheese box.   They were long and narrow and printed on 5 sides.  I did the art work.  I thought a rubber stamp would work, but, the wood is not flat enough.  I might be able to make it work, but, what i really need is a silk screen set up to do it!  I wold prefer to have the two set ups I need made, but, I looked up how to do silk screening which is called screen printing today and found it is even easier to do today then when my friends parents did it.
Screen printing T shirts doesn't look that hard to do. Kits are expensive, but, a lot of the parts look easy to make.  Anyone that could do the art and production and bang out some shirts fast on short notice might be able to do business with the diverse activist groups in the Freestate.

http://www.homecashbusiness.com/how_to_1.htm

error

Quote from: raineyrocks on March 12, 2007, 10:20 AM NHFT

Scam. Stay far away. You'll never make back even the "annual fee" from what you would be paid from the surveys.

That said, there are plenty of legitimate survey companies which will pay you, and send you other free stuff, for taking surveys. But it's been my experience that the surveys do not always compensate very well for the time spent, and there are almost certainly not enough surveys to take to bring in more than pocket money.

It's not going to pay the bills. I know, I tried it once. That was enough. :)

Kat Kanning

Raineyrocks

Quote from: error on March 12, 2007, 02:55 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on March 12, 2007, 10:20 AM NHFT

Scam. Stay far away. You'll never make back even the "annual fee" from what you would be paid from the surveys.

That said, there are plenty of legitimate survey companies which will pay you, and send you other free stuff, for taking surveys. But it's been my experience that the surveys do not always compensate very well for the time spent, and there are almost certainly not enough surveys to take to bring in more than pocket money.

It's not going to pay the bills. I know, I tried it once. That was enough. :)

That's a shame that they misrepresent the facts so much.  I would love to find something to do at home and make some money. Thanks Error and everybody else!

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 12, 2007, 05:19 PM NHFT
LOL, love the new avatar, Rainey!

Thanks Kat, there's that guy again, last time I think he was asking for karate lessons. :)

error

That said, I do know a legitimate way of making money while staying home. I do it (almost) every day.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: error on March 12, 2007, 05:59 PM NHFT
That said, I do know a legitimate way of making money while staying home. I do it (almost) every day.

What is it?  Can I do it?  I saw the webpage but I don't understand.

error

Quote from: raineyrocks on March 12, 2007, 07:17 PM NHFT
Quote from: error on March 12, 2007, 05:59 PM NHFT

What is it?  Can I do it?  I saw the webpage but I don't understand.

But.. but.. that's MY web page! It makes me all kinds of money!

PowerPenguin

One "work from home" option that has worked for me is The Keep Your Assets Affiliate Program. I've been involved for approximately one year now, and have found it to be profitable. Please see the link for more details, but here's a brief run-down of the important points:

1. People skills a must. This can be compensated for with on-line advertising, email signatures, etc., but such things are really supplementary. Conversely, if you're good with people, or want to become personable, this opportunity is for you. Personally, I was never that great with people, but I got a LOT better with practice via this business and others.

2. Persistence. Marketing really is a "numbers game". If at first you don't succeed, try try again! You may not get results instantly, but success builds upon itself. Eventually, things begin to snowball in your favor.

3. Belief in/understanding of the product. If you want to sell something, you must understand and like the product yourself. Keep Your Assets' products are very powerful, but not very well known. Thus, potential customers often have questions about what the product can do for them, and how to use it.

I could say more, but this explains the basics. Again, rainey, please see the page linked to above and let me know if you have any questions!

~Andrew

Raineyrocks

Thanks powerpenguin, it looks confusing.  If I sign up for the free course should I mention your name (maybe you get points or something?)? :)