• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

How does one register to vote?

Started by Puke, March 12, 2007, 11:23 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Puke

I will confess that I feel rather stupid for not figuring this out for myself.
I am new to this kind of thing. I am trying to figure out how to get the paper work to register and were I can find out were the voting takes place.
In my looking about the internet I couldn't find anything useful.
Perhaps this is why few people vote. It seems to be a pain in the ass.
It seems that I need to go to the city clerk to get the paperwork. But since I am not a state citizen yet does that change anything?
And do you really have to put a political party on the registration card? I don't want to. I see no reason why they need to know what party I belong to. And why should I belong to a party in the first place? Why can't I vote for however I want?

Anyway, thanks for helping in my ignorance.

Dreepa

Quote from: Puke on March 12, 2007, 11:23 AM NHFT
I will confess that I feel rather stupid for not figuring this out for myself.
I am new to this kind of thing. I am trying to figure out how to get the paper work to register and were I can find out were the voting takes place.
In my looking about the internet I couldn't find anything useful.
Perhaps this is why few people vote. It seems to be a pain in the ass.
It seems that I need to go to the city clerk to get the paperwork. But since I am not a state citizen yet does that change anything?
And do you really have to put a political party on the registration card? I don't want to. I see no reason why they need to know what party I belong to. And why should I belong to a party in the first place? Why can't I vote for however I want?

Basically go down to the city clerk's office.
You do not have to put a political party ...

If you live in Keene..... (for some reason I think you do):
http://www.ci.keene.nh.us/clerk/voter2.htm

Puke

Thanks for the tip.
There it all is! What an idiot.  :blush:

dawn

If you're living in NH, you can register at the polls to vote in your town election tomorrow. Bring proof of age, citizenship, address (just in case they make you prove it all).

You do not have to declare a party but can be one of the independent majority in NH.

Russell Kanning

You can say you are me and vote. They won't take my name off the rolls. :)

Puke

Quote from: dawn on March 12, 2007, 06:24 PM NHFT
If you're living in NH, you can register at the polls to vote in your town election tomorrow. Bring proof of age, citizenship, address (just in case they make you prove it all).

You do not have to declare a party but can be one of the independent majority in NH.

Yes, I plan on doing that tomorrow. Hopefully the paperwork that I have will be good enough to prove I live in Keene.

error

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 12, 2007, 08:03 PM NHFT

They will if you tell them you left the state. :)

eques

He has neither left the state nor does he continue to remain in the state...

There is no state....

error

eques

Sorry, I momentarily got him confused with Shorty Dawkins.

KBCraig

Quote from: James A. Pyrich on March 12, 2007, 10:56 PM NHFT
He has neither left the state nor does he continue to remain in the state...

There is no state....

Russell is Schroedinger's Unidentified Flying Objector.

He's one cool cat.  8)

Dreepa

Someone told me that there is an official form that you can fill out to have your name taken off.... not that you want to fill out a form.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Puke on March 12, 2007, 08:15 PM NHFT
Yes, I plan on doing that tomorrow. Hopefully the paperwork that I have will be good enough to prove I live in Keene.

Proof not required..  you can sign an affidavit stating you live where you claim to.   ^-^

Russell Kanning

Quote from: error on March 12, 2007, 08:42 PM NHFT

They will if you tell them you left the state. :)
only if you register at another government office

Lloyd Danforth

Just to give Jean a hard time at the Liberty Forum registration, I claimed I was Rich Tomasso.  Didn't work as he was standing next to me.  I then claimed I was Russell Kanning.  He wasn't registered so I had to settle for Lloyd.