• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I keep getting logged off

Started by Raineyrocks, March 14, 2007, 06:28 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Michael Fisher on March 14, 2007, 11:05 AM NHFT
This is happening to me, too. It is very difficult to post or reply when I get logged off repeatedly. Hmmm...

I just followed Error's links and downloaded Firefox and it's working great for me.  I was using internet explorer before but now I don't even have to log in when I click on nhfree.com.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: raineyrocks on March 14, 2007, 11:11 AM NHFT
This is happening to me, too. It is very difficult to post or reply when I get logged off repeatedly. Hmmm...

I just followed Error's links and downloaded Firefox and it's working great for me.  I was using internet explorer before but now I don't even have to log in when I click on nhfree.com.

Why should I change? That's not gonna happen! :)

Was booted off at least 7 times while posting this message.

error

Have a cookie. :)

error

Quote from: Michael Fisher on March 14, 2007, 11:39 AM NHFT

Enlightened, rational self-interest:

;D

Raineyrocks

Quote from: raineyrocks on March 14, 2007, 11:11 AM NHFT

I don't know but that exact same thing was happening to me this morning too. Error said I needed cookies and he has a link on how to check that out in his post on this thread. :)

Michael Fisher

My computer's settings have not changed. Something on the forum has changed.

error

Quote from: Michael Fisher on March 14, 2007, 11:57 AM NHFT

Kat decided to ignore this board again and not change anything on the forum. :)

As for your computer's settings not changing, that doesn't mean anything on Windows, which will change its own settings just to generate support calls.

stitcherman

jeez......i have not had  any problems at all. ;D

Michael Fisher

Quote from: error on March 14, 2007, 12:03 PM NHFT
Quote from: Michael Fisher on March 14, 2007, 11:57 AM NHFT

Kat decided to ignore this board again and not change anything on the forum. :)

As for your computer's settings not changing, that doesn't mean anything on Windows, which will change its own settings just to generate support calls.

Very funny. ;)

My Windows settings have not changed, I have installed no new programs, nor have I applied any updates or patches that would cause this to occur.

Michael Fisher

I think the forum.nhfree.com domain is spazzing. That's all.

It works fine when I'm at forum.soulawakenings.com.

error

Quote from: Michael Fisher on March 14, 2007, 12:41 PM NHFT
I think the forum.nhfree.com domain is spazzing. That's all.

Yeah, using that will screw up your cookies. Hopefully Ian will fix it.

Vote Tyler Stearns

Hmmm...Yesterday or the day before I just started getting logged off, too.  Never happened before. And, yes, I do use IE, but have never had any problems before.  Funny that it just suddenly started happening to at least several of us at the same time... 

LordBaltimore

Vote Tyler Stearns

I continue to get logged off the forum every time I try to reply to a thread, start a thread, look at a user's posts, etc.  The only reason I can post this message is because I'm doing it from work.  This just started happening whenever Rainey posted that she was having problems (interestingly, we live just a few miles from each other).  I have not changed any settings on my computer.  I haven't done anything differently.  Please don't think I'm whining for the sake of whining.  I love this forum and the people on it (well, most of the people).  I just want to be able to navigate through it and make a post now and again.  error will say ditch IE, but I shouldnt' have to, should I?  And, why did everything work for so long before when using IE? 

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Raineyrocks

Hi Malevil,

I don't think your whining and I miss you when you don't post.  I did take Error's advice and switch to Firefox and I have to say I love it!  I don't even have to log in at all now, I just click forum and there I am.  When I start my computer I do have to go and click on Firefox in the lower left hand start box or internet explorer automatically comes up but after that it's smooth sailing.
I don't know why the trouble started but at least there is a solution. :-\  Do you have the link Error posted to download Firefox?