• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What the F**k is wrong with people? (another disturbing news article)

Started by Raineyrocks, March 15, 2007, 12:10 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

coffeeseven

Don't be afraid to take a break from the news Rainey.  :)

I had to for a while. No news, no BBS. Just listened to music for two weeks straight to get back in tune. Or as in tune as I can get with this Earthly Vessel.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: coffeeseven on March 21, 2007, 09:05 PM NHFT

I had to for a while. No news, no BBS. Just listened to music for two weeks straight to get back in tune. Or as in tune as I can get with this Earthly Vessel.

I hear you, thanks!  Music and some  :weed: will fix it everytime! 8)

coffeeseven

Quote from: raineyrocks on March 22, 2007, 07:41 AM NHFT
Quote from: coffeeseven on March 21, 2007, 09:05 PM NHFT

I hear you, thanks!  Music and some  :weed: will fix it everytime! 8)

Roger that.

Raineyrocks

Here's an article, they caught the scumbag! :)

Suspect arrested in delivery of dog's head to neighbor
POSTED: 3:02 a.m. EDT, March 23, 2007
Story Highlights
? Man, 24, held on suspicion of terrorist threats, may face animal cruelty charge
? Girl found dog's head at front door in gift box with Valentine's Day candy
? Police say arrested neighbor may have had a romantic interest in the girl
? Minnesota girl, 17: "I think I can sleep a lot better now"
Adjust font size:
Decrease fontDecrease font
Enlarge fontEnlarge font

ST. PAUL, Minnesota (AP) -- A 24-year-old man has been arrested, suspected of cutting the head off of a 17-year-old girl's pet dog and leaving it at her front door in a gift-wrapped box.

The man, who is expected to be arraigned Friday, was being held on suspicion of terrorist threats. Police said he may be charged with animal cruelty.

"I think I can sleep a lot better now," said Crystal Brown. "It will make me feel way safer. Now we can walk around the whole block."

Crystal was devastated last month when Chevy, her 4-year-old Australian shepherd mix, went missing.

Two weeks after the dog disappeared, a gift box addressed to Crystal was found at the front door of a house she shares with her grandmother.

Inside, Crystal found Valentine's Day candy and a garbage bag containing her pet's head.

Police said the man they arrested lived a few blocks from Crystal and may have had a romantic interest in the girl.

The case drew widespread media attention. The television show "America's Most Wanted" posted the case on its Web site, and donations pushed a $2,500 reward offered by the Humane Society of the United States to $20,000.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

grasshopper

"rainey,

I could have done without seeing this! Abuse of animals disturbs me even more than abuse of people.

In a way I kind of see your point.  I don't intend to flame anyone here but please hear me out on this.
   First of all this a$$ should be beaten to within an inch of his life and fed to a Rottie.  However, I do feel that people should know better, and, we should try to take care of our little scailed and furry as well as feathered friends.   I do know that God put us here on this ball of dirt and water with a few rules one of these is to not be an asshole to nature but to respect what God has given us.  God did create animals and all other things FIRST before he created Man.  This being said, I do think that people getting slaughtered, crucified, disembowled burned and behehded is a little more serious than this horrible incident, this instance of Animal Crulity.
   Many times I hear people say things like this because they can't do anything about the "Human factor" but instead focus on our little buddies, the animals, ect.ect.  I know this is not how they really feel.  I would not give my life for a Dog, even a really cute cuddly kitten, but, I would give my life for each and every one of you if it came down to brass tacks.
   Oh, I would think twice about the  Ass that beheaded that poor Dog.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: grasshopper on March 23, 2007, 08:46 AM NHFT

"rainey,

I could have done without seeing this! Abuse of animals disturbs me even more than abuse of people.

In a way I kind of see your point.  I don't intend to flame anyone here but please hear me out on this.
   First of all this a$$ should be beaten to within an inch of his life and fed to a Rottie.  However, I do feel that people should know better, and, we should try to take care of our little scailed and furry as well as feathered friends.   I do know that God put us here on this ball of dirt and water with a few rules one of these is to not be an asshole to nature but to respect what God has given us.  God did create animals and all other things FIRST before he created Man.  This being said, I do think that people getting slaughtered, crucified, disembowled burned and behehded is a little more serious than this horrible incident, this instance of Animal Crulity.
   Many times I hear people say things like this because they can't do anything about the "Human factor" but instead focus on our little buddies, the animals, ect.ect.  I know this is not how they really feel.  I would not give my life for a Dog, even a really cute cuddly kitten, but, I would give my life for each and every one of you if it came down to brass tacks.
   Oh, I would think twice about the  Ass that beheaded that poor Dog.

Understood very well, thanks!