• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Crashing news conferences

Started by Dave Ridley, April 04, 2005, 09:37 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Dada,

This is a great idea.  Let's take it a step further:

We need to "be the media" in NH. 

Free Talk Live is a major component to this.  Sure, calling in to talk shows like GG on WGIR is great, but having your own talk show is far better.

Sure, showing up at news conferences is great, but having a mic and a cameraman is better.  Someone elsewhere was talking about public access availibility in NH.  As long as we're paying for it, we should use it:

"NH Free TV" - Interviews with representatives around the state, NH Free protest coverage, CopWatch segments...

If you all don't get to this sooner, I will initiate it later after I settle in to the state.  Give me an excuse to buy a nice 3 CCD DV cam...  We could use my current DV with a 2nd cameraman for an alternate angle, combined with your editing prowess (I assume) Dada, and we have ourselves a production.

Argh!  If only I was making money, I'd be there sooner rather than later.  Grr.. must be patient.  It will come.  Shh.  Going to bed now.

<kicks Florida>
Ian

Kat Kanning

We could be really dangerous with just a tape recorder.  A camcorder would be truly evil  >:D

Kat Kanning

FTL_Ian

That would be a good place to publish any programs produced.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: DadaOrwell on April 04, 2005, 09:37 AM NHFT
Some bureaucrat was having a news conference at the time.
Wouldn't it be cool if we Undergrounders were to just "become reporters"
and from time to time one of us could show up at a news conference and ask nasty
irreverent questions.   Or just liberty-related questions that the press is not
asking.   Then, like the bloggers who now have White House access, you just write
up a quick forum-post news report.  If asked, you could identify yourself as being
with the NH Underground.  Or Peasants with Pitchforks ( don't forget to bring the
pitchfork).   

This is the earliest reference I found to the pitchforks here.  Was it Dave who originally started talking about the peasants with pitchforks?

Russell Kanning

It almost makes me like Buchanan. :)

Lloyd Danforth

He's no libertarian, but, I like to listen to him when he is on the tube.

Rhiannon McKinnon

Some good ideas here.  I like Ian's "BE the media" concept. (why do I imagine hearing Chevy Chase going "nanananananana" in the background when I say this?)  Perhaps the Keene Free Press would want to start covering these type of news items?  It would be GREAT to have a legitimate (and the KFP is obviously legitimate) media outlet asking REAL questions of our polititians.....and note that with a press conference type of situation, not only will OTHER media be present to cover the answers, but it would be awfully hard for those answers to be avoided, especially if we had reporters willing to stand up and say that "that does NOT answer the question"!  I wouldn't recommend a comic approach unless some polititian's anti-freedom stance can be made into the butt of a joke....we seriously need to press (no pun intended) polititions for real answers to relevant questions, and that's not exactly a laughing matter.  Since our male half is into doing things like recording musical performances, we will be bringing a whole slew of high-quality A/V field recording equipment when we move......being a reporter does sound like it could be fun in this particular circumstance.....*smiles*.....

~RM

Ron Helwig

Question for reporters to ask candidates:

Since government is force, and you intend to wield that force, could you please list the rules of deadly force?

Note: these rules are known and finite. There are five of them.

FTL_Ian

CNHT

Ed already does this. He is the 'press' and is allowed in everywhere, then he posts either to the CNHT news forum, the NH Insider, the IMHO NH blog or all three.

However, I do think by asking silly or irreverent questions you will do much to discredit the 'movement'. Not to mention it will get you thrown out.

Simply sticking with stuff like this question Gard asked about this serious issues will be outrageous enough...seeing as our reps and others in government are abusing the taxpayers as it is in a most outrageous fashion. Just asking the normal questions that the mainstream reporters do not, is plenty of fuel.

http://www.nhtaxpayerradio.com/media/keans.mp3

She says it's not her job to justify her votes/new legislation constitutionally even though she then admits she swore an oath to uphold the NH Constitution...a contradiction to say the least.

CNHT

Quote from: russellkanning on December 19, 2005, 05:52 PM NHFT
It almost makes me like Buchanan. :)

Buchanan's town chair here. He's a great guy. What makes you say he's not libertarian Lloyd?
He's a populist and many libertarians fit that description.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: FTL_Ian on December 27, 2005, 12:33 PM NHFT
What are they?
Assuming you're referring to the rules of deadly force, I was waiting to see if anybody actually knows before spilling the beans.

Anyone?

Hint: They were drilled into me good in advanced training in the Army (training to guard nuclear weapons). Had to know them verbatim if you wanted to get out of guard duty.  :D

Dreepa

zackbass

Quote from: CNHT on December 27, 2005, 04:24 PM NHFT

Buchanan's town chair here. He's a great guy. What makes you say he's not libertarian Lloyd?
He's a populist and many libertarians fit that description.

No, Lloyd's right.  Considering that 99.99% of people in this society are violently opposed to libertarian Principles, it's hard to imagine anything less compatible with libertarianism and individualism than populism and "the people".