• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What are some of your favorite songs?

Started by Raineyrocks, March 19, 2007, 08:40 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on March 20, 2007, 10:38 AM NHFT
I drove a cab nights in Hartford in the early 70's.  While nothing exactly like that happened, I have some interesting stories

I think there used to be a show on HBO about cab drivers and their weirdo customers so I bet you have some interesting stories.  I was hitchhiking in Connecticut when I was 15, (I hated the school bus, it wasn't cool), and this cabby picked me up and asked me if I got high before school, I said, "before, during and after.  Anyways he showed me his triscuit box full of Columbian Gold and after that he picked me up everyday and I floated through my days of school. 8)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 20, 2007, 10:40 AM NHFT
Are you going to tell your stories?  Better do it in a different thread so I don't have to split it off and piss off sensitive people.

Oh shoot, I'm sorry Kat!  I shouldn't have told my cabby story, I always seem to get off to another subject even on threads I start, sorry!  I wasn't mad at you for splitting the other thread. ;D

Kat Kanning

Dreepa

Quote from: raineyrocks on March 20, 2007, 10:46 AM NHFT
I drove a cab nights in Hartford in the early 70's.  While nothing exactly like that happened, I have some interesting stories

I think there used to be a show on HBO about cab drivers and their weirdo customers so I bet you have some interesting stories.  I was hitchhiking in Connecticut when I was 15, (I hated the school bus, it wasn't cool), and this cabby picked me up and asked me if I got high before school, I said, "before, during and after.  Anyways he showed me his triscuit box full of Columbian Gold and after that he picked me up everyday and I floated through my days of school. 8)
Taxicab Confessions

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Dreepa on March 20, 2007, 12:38 PM NHFT

Taxicab Confessions

Yeah, that's what it was called, thanks! :D

slim

Another Brick in the Wall Part II - Pink Floyd
Money - Pink Floyd
Send Me on My Way - Rusted Root

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 20, 2007, 10:40 AM NHFT
Are you going to tell your stories?  Better do it in a different thread so I don't have to split it off and piss off sensitive people.

No

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Dreepa on March 20, 2007, 12:38 PM NHFT

Taxicab Confessions
I thought that was SNL

KBCraig

Quote from: Nicholas Gilman on March 19, 2007, 03:01 PM NHFT
   My favorite would have to be "Voices Carry" by Til' Tuesday.

You're dating yourself you and I.   ;D

QuoteI still have a crush on Aimee Mann.  :)

On advice of counsel and wife, I plead the Fifth. But... yeah. Thanks for the video link.

The 80s (and 80s music) sucked in many ways, but there was more creativity and originality visible on a wider scale than at any other time. The 60s had the motto of "do your own thing", but in the 80s, we actually did. And from the 90s through today, music and people have been stuffed back into pigeonholes yet again.

Kevin

KBCraig

I love so many different songs, and so many different types of music, that I had to think back about which songs have stuck with me over the last 25+ years.

I have more than a week's worth of continuous play in my iTunes folder, and sadly that doesn't include the LP and cassette stuff from my teens until I was 23 and bought my first CD, nor those CDs I traded away until iTunes came along and I started saving my music.

But having thought it over...

1. Pie Jesu, Andrew Lloyd Weber's Requiem
2~~ Just about anything by Jerry Jeff Walker
3. Shorty's Friends around a campfire.

Lloyd Danforth

'House Of The Rising Sun'  Joan Baez version

grasshopper

http://www.greghowe.com/

Anything by this guy.  He plays classical with the amp plugged in and cranks it UP!

Braddogg

Lloyd, I've been on a real Leonard Cohen kick the past week or so.  One of my favorites is "Who By Fire."  And at least once a week when I'm at home I walk into a room hearing my father sing that Harry Chapin song . . . without it being on the radio.

maineiac

(a woefully incomplete list, many associated with memories of past loves or heartbreaks)

8 Days a Week--Beatles
Under My Thumb--Stones
Dancing In The Moonlight--King Harvest
Anything by Steely Dan
Call Me The Breeze-Skynyrd
Blue Bayou--Ronstadt version
Photograph--Def Leppard
Bring On The Night--Police
Breakfast In America--Supertramp
Any Way That You Want It--Journey
Heartbreak Beat--Psychedelic Furs
Twenty-Nine Palms--Robert Plant
It's In The Way That You Use It--Clapton
Most anything Tim McGraw

Re: 80's music-- I like it much better now than I did then (Don't You Want Me Baby?)!

/self-indulgent post

Vote Tyler Stearns

In no particular order...
Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze & All Along the Watchtower & Hey Joe
Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water & Hush
Santana - Love of My Life
Staind - It's Been a While
Eric Clapton - Layla
Who - Anything by the Who
Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
Live - I Alone
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird
Allman Brothers Band - Midnight Rider
Pearl Jam- Even Flow & Jeremy
Faith No More - Epic
Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - From the Beginning & Lucky Man
The Clash - Rock the Casbah & London Calling
Rolling Stones - Anything by the Stones (the greatest rock 'n roll band of all time)

Nowadays I'm rather addicted to AFI and Him